Don't be a writer, be a story teller

Here is an interesting subject people tend to over look, story telling.

Most people ask how can I be a better writer. Actually they should ask how can I be a better storyteller. Writing is writing. Anyone can pick up a thesaurus or read advice books on how to write but it ultimately comes down to the story itself. Without it, it's just words on a page.

To write something to captivate a reader, one must tell a captivating story. Weave emotions and humanity into an idea. Mould it into something amazing and extraordinary.

When I write, I don't just write. I like to tell a story, even if it's not my own. I like to show the world differently and be creative with it. I want to tell a story that when people pick it up, they can't put it down. That when they walk away after reading it, they say damn. Even if they don't like it, I want it to remain with them.

Whether people read or not I still want to tell a story. I want to dive deep into my mind and bring out a whole different world. Trust me my mind is unique. I look at things way differently than most.

Anywhere I go or what I do, a story formulated as I watch and observe. Believe me when I think of a story in the most odd places. I'm like well that's a good idea. Let me make notes.

Storytellers aren't just writers. They're people that create characters and bring them to life. Giving them a mouth. They show the world that in a world of chaos, exist the hero and villain. We're the ones that make you fall in love over and over. We anger and upset you. We're doing our job.

If you want to write then tell a story. Trust me on it. Everyone has a story. What's your story?