Disrespect

This issue needs serious addressing. Not only have I encountered disrespect but so have other writers and readers. Let me clarify a few things.

There is a fine line about being passionate about a book and blatant disrespect for others. This includes bullying and name calling. Too many people have taken liberties with the internet to use it as a means to lash out at people.

I will not tolerate such behavior on my wall, in my messages, or on my stories towards me or my readers. I do not care what your race, skin color, sexuality, national origin, religion, or gender. What I care about is the content of your character. My parents raised me to treat people how I want to be treated.

I write fiction. I don't live it. To me it's an escape from my daily life as it's an escape for readers.

At no point does it entitle people to make assumptions about others, especially when you don't know them or what they've endured.

As I said it before, I will say it again. If you don't like one of my stories, there are others you can read. Not every story is the same with the same tones. Some are darker than others. It happens when you write about sensitive subjects.

Do I enjoy writing about dark topics? Not really. But it's said write about things that scare you. And there are a lot of things that scare the hell out of me.

My mom gave me the best piece advice. She said ignorance isn't bliss. Educate yourself on topics and ask questions. It will protect you. I chose to educate myself.

The Businessman's Escort has a disclaimer on the synopsis and the first page. The warning is there for a reason to head off problems before they start. It's for my protection and yours. Yes, I take my subject matter in the stories very seriously.

With that said, let me introduce you to my boundaries that I learned in therapy. I will not tolerate name calling, bullying, or disrespect. This will earn you an automatic block. Just like you have boundaries, so do I.

For the readers that enjoy the stories and have been loyal to me, I appreciate you more than you know. You're the reason I will continue to post on Wattpad.