Kenma Kozume- Chocolate

AU: Café (sort of I guess)

~~~~~

You stirred the rich brown mixture in the bowl as you spoke to one of your assistance about the ingredients he wished to use for a new recipe. Using the spoon you held, you poured the chocolate mixture into the moulds. The sound of customers chatting and cutlery made you smile. Your staff member grinned and nodded as he took notes before running off to do trails of his new concoction. You rested your chocolate in the fridge to let them settle before running out into the main dining area to check up with your remaining staff. Coming up to stand behind your cashier you laid your hand on her shoulder. You gave her a wide grin before gesturing for her to take a break. She walked off toward the door leading to the staff room and you stood in her place, placing your hand beside the cash. Turning your head to the next customer in line you gave them a smirk.

"What can I get you?"

~~

The day was long and the work was tiring at times but after years of building your skills opening your own café was the best thing you could have hoped for. Dark clouds began rolling in and customers left early in hopes to not get caught by the rain. Once the café was empty you faced your staff and told them to head home early. Waving your three staff members goodnight you began to clean up the chairs, tables, and floor. You were walking up the stairs to your apartment when lightning struck. You gasped as the rain began smack against any surface it could reach. Standing frozen on the stairs as you looked out the front window as a shadow ran by. Your forehead scrunched up and you ran to open the front door. You stood under the nylon overhang above your entrance.

"Hey!" you yelled after the suit-clad man. "Hey, Mr.! Its cold out, come inside!"

The man's suit was soaked through. Holding the coat above his head would do nothing but protect from the harsh drops of rain. He turned around and in the darkened atmosphere you could see his soaked, dyed hair. You gestured for him to come toward you before running inside and making a rush to grab a towel from your bathroom. When you came back downstairs he was standing by the door. He wrapped his arms around himself to keep warm. You ran forward, holding the towel open to wrap around his shoulders.

"I'll show you the bathroom, you can take a warm shower and I'll get you some fresh clothes."

The man nodded his wet hair swaying stiffly. His sharp eyes studied his surroundings as you led him through your home and to the shower where he went in and locked the door. You went and grabbed a spare men's uniform and hung it on a hook on the door of the bathroom. You closed the door and started to prepare some hot chocolate and other sweets for when he got out. Within a few minutes, you heard the door to the bathroom close the footsteps that followed came in your direction. You picked up a tray and placed everything on it. You held it in both hands as you turned around to see the man. He had a towel draped over his still wet hair and cold wet clothes hung over his arm. You handed him the tray and took his clothes from him.

"Go sit in the living room. There's a blanket waiting for you there. I'll go put these in the wash."

When you walked into the living room you saw him sitting there bundled up like a caterpillar in the blanket. The tray sat on the table, untouched. Smiling, you grabbed the second blanket from the closet and sat down next to the man reaching over to grab the hot chocolate and hand it to him.

"Drink up. It'll keep you warm."

You held your own mug in your hands and leaned back in the crook of the couch.

"What's your name?" You asked the so far silent man.

He swallowed his sip and grabbed a pastry from the tray before he spoke.

"Kenma Kozume. Thank you for saving me from the rain." He spoke, his voice tired but relaxed.

You let out a short breathy laugh and took a sip of your drink.

"It's no problem at all. Besides, you sort of reminded me of a cat forced to take a bath."

Kenma laughed and drank from his mug. "What's your name?" he asked before biting into one of your chocolates.

You grinned shyly noticing that you had forgotten to introduce yourself. Internally screaming, you let out a small squeak of your name.

"I'm (L/N) (Y/N). Sorry, I had forgotten to say so earlier."

~~~~~

Hello again.