Sugawara Koushi- Bones (Part 2)

AU: Corpse Bride

It was requested. From people.

~~~~~

"What in the world?!"

"Correction, what in the under world." Sugawara said as he pulled you along through the crowds of zombies.

"Under world?!" you looked around at the walking corpses around you as they tilted their hats, said hello and/or waved in your direction.

"Yes! I live here. And here we will get married." He turned a corner that led to a flight of stairs.

"Married?!" you stopped dead in your tracks as Sugawara's body when forward. Leaving his arm with you.

You screeched and thried shaking the limb off, but it's grip continued to tighten.

"Yes married! You proposed didn't you? Oh, do you mind bringing me my arm? It gets attached easily, won't let you go just yet."

Your shoulders relaxed and a chill went through Your spine at forever being attached to a detached limb of a dead man. You took a step forward, pushing the arm back into its socket with a sort of snap.

"(Y/N), now that my arms attached, how about we go talk to the priest and discuss our marriage? Or do you want to go home first. You're probably tired and hungry. Home it is then. Come along!"

The short ramble was finished when he started walking again. His skin, though still faint of colour, looked much fresher? At least compared to those in the streats. His hair was a light grey, though you wouldn't be able to tell if it was natural or just grey from death.

"Sugawara, how did you die?"

Looking at you Sugawara smiled with an up beat laugh as he continued walking. The light laugh calmed your nerves slightly making you feel at ease despite the peculiar situation.

"I was murdered." he said opening the door to an old rickety building.

"Ah," he sighed as he pushed things around on a circular table in the room. "Home, sweet home. Don't mind the mess, it's just something I've been working on."

He picked up various bottles filled with things from liquids to objects and set them on a counter nearby.

"Murdered? By who? When?" you asked holding your hands tightly together a Sugawara sat you down at the now clean table.

"In don't quite remember. Your mind begins to go the longer you're dead. Time wise it might have been 5 years ago? Maybe 6." he went to the kitchen and began putting some food together.

"Tomorrow morning I need to speak with the witch. So, we could go speak to the priest first and then consult the witch on my project."

~~

"Either you live." the old man's finger shifted to point in your direction instead of Sugawara who he spoke to, "or she dies."

Smiling Sugawara nodded grabbing your arm to pull you towards the door.

"That went well."

"Well?" you asked.

"Yes well. We have two options and they are both very simple. Now knife or mallet?"

"For what?"

Stopping Sugawara turned to you with a slightly confused look on his face.

"To kill you of course. What else would they be for?"

Completly freezing in your place you shook in fear at the thought of dying at the hands of a weapon. Sugawara's laugh on the other hand have off a completely different story.

"I'm kidding! Why do you think we're going to the witch? I've been planing for this for ages. Now my chance to live again, take back the life that was mine, and get kid of a murderer in the process. Maybe an axe? That would hurt more right?"

When the two of you got to a large door, Sugawara knocked the handle against the wood. An old lady opened the door and allowed the two of you inside.

~~

"Last bit." you dropped an unidentified liquid into the brewing mixture in front of the three of you.

Sugawara clinged to the side of the pot but suddenly let go when it began to boil, causing his hands to rip off as they still clung to the metal. You gently pulled them off and shoved them back in place, giving Sugawara back the ability to pay your head gently.

"This took longer than expected." he sighed looking at the lavender liquid as it bubbled.

"How long did you think it would take?"

Sugawara smiled down at you and laughed to himself. "A week at most. I now know that I drastically underestimated the amount of time it would take to do this."

"Do you want to try it?" you asked holding his arm of bone.

"You should take a sip too. Your time spent hear has taken a role in you health. You look like a ghost." he smiled, filling two vials with the potion.

The old lady packed away her things and pulled out a book on potions and magic and she sat to read. "Close your eyes. That way you won't go blind." she croaked out.

Sugawara handed you a vail as he held his own.

"Cheers."

~~~

Trees created a think wall around the two of you all you laid down in the grass circle in the centre of it.

"It's good to see the colour in your face. You look alive. You aren't skin and bones either. You finally have some muscles in there."

You fingers twisted the ends of his silver hair as his head rested on your lap, looking upwards to see the tops of the trees and blue sky.

"It's nice to have a heart beat. And be able to feel yours."

You smiled and let your hand rest on Sugawara's chest as he breathed in heavily.

"Don't forget the breath."

"Sorry, still have to get used to that."

You looked up at the trees, sporting colourful birds fly around as they enjoyed the spring heat.

"Is that marriage proposal still on the table?"

~~~~~

I'm sorry if this one seemed rushed. I'll do better!

So there was a stabbing with one of the students at my school at a nearby park. (it's ironic considering it was on international peace day) Both my school and my co-authors school were went into lock-down.

Please keep yourselves safe. 💕

Free.....?