Nishinoya Yu- The King

AU: Kingdom and stuff

I wanna sleep.

It’s not really angsty….by the way

~~~~~

“Noya? Are you there?” You whispered.

You were in the middle of the garden of the palace. It was late at night, but that was the only way that Nishinoya would show up.

It wasn't like he couldn't come out in the day though, the sun burned his skin, so he decided to stay out of it because he was a demon.

The air started to feel hot and then in front of you a bright flame burned on the ground and there was a slight rumble of the earth before you saw him.

He smiled at you. “(Y/N), you shouldn't call me that often. I'm about to become crowd king of the underworld. It's dangerous for me to come here now.”

You pouted. “What did you expect than? To me to forget my best friend, the person who you grew up with?”

You slightly cringed at the sound soft 'friends’. It's wasn't like you were best friends, because you were, but you felt like saying friends meant that you could never be more than that. You also knew that most people started out as friends, but it was still tried to say.  

At least you could call him a friend.

Nishinoya laughed. “Alright, fine. I'll give you that. Also, the food is way better here.”

You took his hand and dragged him to the fountain at the back of the garden and sat down at the ledge. “Are you nervous?”

“To rule the entire underworld even though I'm only 18, nah,” he said, shaking his head. “I'm not nervous at all. Also, considering that almost everyone in the upper world hates me, I'm completely fine.”

You rolled your eyes. “Not everyone hates you. My dad likes you.”

“That's only because he basic raised me and knows when I take the thrown I would rage war and start killing everyone.”

“Yeah, and when he hands down his crown to me, you know that I wouldn't hate you, you've got a good couple of years of peace,” you said.

It's was quite as neither of you spoke. The sounds of the water flowing and the night winds rustling the leaves made the world feel endless and at peace.

“(Y/N)?” he whispered.

“Yeah?”

“I….I wanted to ask you if-”

On top of the palace the warning bell rung three times, signaling danger or grief. All of the the palace lights turned on cascading from the top to the bottom. Seconds later, the entire village was light with fire lights.

Guards ran out of the back entrance of the palace and started to shout your name.

Nishinoya stepped back and held your hand for a second. “Tell me what happened, yeah?”

You nodded your head and let go of his hand. He took one last look at you and ran off into the darkness of the garden. A small light formed, and you new he went back to the underworld.

You turned around to find one of the guards, but they were already standing in front of you. They didn’t seem angry at you for being out so late, they’ve gotten used to it and put extra security guards around the perimeter at night.

“What’s wrong?”

The guard at the front step forwards and quickly bowed to you before looking in your eyes. “Your majesty….”