Asahi Azumane- Feathers (Part 4)

AU: Time travel + Space

Finally updating this mini series. I'll get to requests over the week.

There was a request made for an angsty one-shot recently..... And now I can't find it.
If you requested it please message me because I'm terrible at keeping track of things.

And on that note. If you have a request. Please, please, either post it on the Requests page or Private Message me. It makes it a whole lot easier to keep track.

Thank you.

~~~~~

It had been a week after you had taken Koushi and Daichi under your wing when your teacher came up to you.

"No more saving people." he said, standing strong beside you as you helped feed the two survivors.

"What? Why not?" you asked holding a spoon close to Sugawara's lips.

Your prof sighed and sat at the end of the bed.

"Look, I know your proud of your ship. You should be, it's excellent. But going back in time and taking people here is dangerous, even if the person is 'dead' or not." his hands were clasped in his lap as he looked at you with a small smile.

A dimple showed on his one cheek and he let his hands fall limp so he could hold your shoulder with one. You continued to feed the groggy Sugawara as you held up your conversation.

Asahi walked in, hands set from washing off oil and grabbed the bowl on the table next to you. He placed a quick peck of the top of you head before walking to the next bed to feed Diachi.

"Mr. Kim-"

"(Y/N), please call me Namjoon." he said.

You shook your head and have Sugawara his final spoonful before checking his temperature.

"No, Graduated or not, you are still my professor and I should address you as such."

The man laughed and shook his head.

"Alright, but I have have a proposition for you."

Mr. Kim look at you, his gaze serious and steely. Sugawara drifted of into sleep and Daichi had trouble staying awake but you almost shook waiting for Namjoon to speak.

"Time has changed since you brought your friends here. They are, you are, icons and idols for untapped information, information that has been lost in someway. The Heron requests that you and your friends joing their crew as archivists. Putting together the history of the past and writting that of the future. You could write history."

Your brows furrowed and forehead creased as you looked at him in confusion.

"The Heron?  Like the bird? What are you talking about what's the Heron?"

He smiled. "A secret space craft meant for exploration that has been in commission for over 10 years. It's beautiful. Only the crew know about it and it's supposed to be unveiled next year. All that's need in someone to fill that possition, and it can be you."

"Me? On a space ship? How do you know about it?"

He smiled and stood up from the bed. He held you hands in his as if shaking them

"Think about it. We'll welcome you with open arms."

Your teacher walked away and your hands now held something in between them. A gold badge that would mean nothing to others who weren't aware, but spoke paragraphs to those who knew.

"Are you going to do it?" you heard Sugawara's tired voice come from beside you.

You looked at the man who's hair was beginning to grow out and then to the other two. They stared back, eyes curious to your decision.

Asahi stood from his chair and came to stand behind you, where he placed his head on yours and arms over your shoulders. Letting the badge rest in your lap, you grabbed his large hands in yours.

"Do you guys wanna come? Join me and go on an adventure?"

Daichi laughed lightly. "Let us be able to carry our own weight. But after that, I'd say I'm up for it."

The two other men nodded along. Asahi's cheek pressed into your hair and nuzzled against it. His voice rummbled as he spoke and sent vibrations through your bones.

"Birds of a feather."

~~~~~

So I finished all my exams. Thank you to those who offered to help. Each bit of information helped.

Woop woop woop