Akaashi Keiji - Ending

AU: Military

Tags/Warnings: GN! Reader, #lestweforget

Word Count: 930

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

You were sitting at home. Your knee was shaking up and down as you anxiously watched the news. You knew that everyone in the world was watching.

There was a news woman in the corner of the television, and beside her were a list of names of people who died in the most recent war that was happening.

Your eyes never left the screen.

Every time the list moved, you hoped you would never see the name: Akaashi Keiji.

You two had went to high school together, and never left each others side. Except when Bokuto dragged him away.

Bokuto had gotten a scholarship to a school for volleyball, while you and Akaashi had entered your third-year of high school.

Akaashi stayed on the volleyball as a setter, and you as their manager.

After you both graduated, Akaashi joined the military, and you went to college for (subject).

He got shipped off across the world, but your relationship only got stronger. When you saw each other, you knew it might be your last, so you cherished every minute of it.

He would come back once or twice a year, and call every now and then when he got a chance. But that didn't matter to you, as long as he was safe, you would be okay.

The only thing was, you didn't know if he would be okay or not, and that kept you up at night.

Every time the phone rang, you would rush over to the phone hoping it was Keiji. Sometimes it was, and sometimes it was Bokuto asking if he could visit and keep you company.

Breaking out of your thoughts, you looked back to the television.

The woman was now gone, and it was just a list of names.  

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

"Are you sure this is what you want to do?" you asked Keiji.

You were saying your last goodbyes at the airport. He tightly pulled you into a hug, and you stuffed your head into his shoulder. He was wearing a military uniform.  

"If it makes the world a better place for you to live in, then I would do anything," he promised.

He looked into your eyes deeply, then went to kiss you on your forehead.

You shut your eyes as tears ran down your cheeks. "Say you'll come back."

He gave you one last kiss, and walked through the gate. "I love you."

"I love you too."

You stood there, staring at the gate as you wiped your tears.

You took out your phone and called Bokuto.

"(Y/N)-chan, did he go through with it?"

You didn't answer, but you broke into sobs, answering his question.

"It's okay, (Y/N)-Chan, he'll come back," Bokuto said calmly.  

"But what if doesn't?" you said quietly.

"He will. He'll do anything to see you again. He loves you so much. I have to go; I'll talk to you later."

"Okay. I'll talk to you later," you said, and hung up the phone.

You looked up one more time at the gate, and saw the plane soar into the blue sky. You looked away, and went back home.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Staring at the television, you heard the doorbell ring. You walked over to it.

"HEY HEY HEY (Y/N)-Chan!" Bokuto said, walking into your and Akaashi's apartment, giving you a bone crushing hug.

"Hey Bokuto, what are you doing here?" you asked as you made your way back to the television, staring at it intently.

"Why are you watching the news?"

"There's a list of people who died where Akaashi is, and I'm just making sure I don't see his name there," you said.

Bokuto sighed, and sat where you once did. "You can't keep torturing yourself like this. I'm going to turn the television off."

He walked over to the T.V and turned it off and unplugged it.

"What if he's names on it though? What if the moment you turned off the television, his name showed up, and I would go may entire life not knowing if he did or not," you told him.

You felt like you couldn't breathe, and your chest tighten, your breathing got heavier as you fell on onto your knees.

"(Y/N)-chan, are you okay? Come on, let's get you to a chair," Bokuto said worriedly. He grabbed your shoulders and gently placed you on the couch.

"H-here take a d-deep breath, I think you're having a panic attack," Bokuto said shaky.

This was the first time you ever heard Bokuto stammer. You must be really freaking him out, so you listened to him at started taking deep breaths.

Slowly, you felt you breaths even out and your chest loosen a bit. You put your head in your hands and started crying.

"(Y/N)-chan, don't cry, he's going to be fine," Bokuto said. You heard him turn his head. "For all you know, he could be standing at the door."

You could hear him smiling though his voice. You looked up at him, and saw him grinning. You immediately whipped your head to the door.

And there, stood Akaashi Keiji.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

You ran to Keiji and jumped into his arms.

"You're really here," you cried. "I can't believe you're here."

"I missed you so much, (Y/N)."

"I love you, Akaashi Keiji."

"I love you too, (Y/N) (L/N)."

"And I love you both!" Bokuto said, picking the both of you up, while you were still hugging Keiji. 

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

I've most likely posted the first chapter to my Hinata x reader book! WOOOOOOP - Bacon

Updated: 01/17/2021