Hinata Shoyo- Sink (Part 2)

AU: Merman

~~~~~

You sat on the edge of a rock, cape layed out next you you, watching Hinata splash around in the water.

He occasionally would toss water your way in an attempt to get you wet, before going back to whatever he found entertaining.

"So you are an elf. And there are other species out there like you. How many are there?" he asked.

Hinata pushed himself up on the rock next to you and let his tail begin to dry.

"There are humans and wizards. They are from the same family, but wizards have either become interested in the magic of others or are hungry for power. There are other water dwellers I'm sure. But no one has seen them since the War of Weapons. Along with some forest creatures who have small colonies instead of creating a large Empire."

Hinata swung his tail trying to get off the last of the salt water so his legs would apear. Once he did a silk like material took the place of scales and legs replaced the over all tail.

As you spoke Hinata's ears twitched as he heard every word along with any noise that came from the woods behind you.

"Creatures like what?"

You looked to the woods thinking of the people and animals you have and will encounter on your travels.

"There are centaurs, gods, dragons, fairys and dwarves. Some that don't have specific names but recognizable features. Most of them fled to the woods after the war, the gods went home."

Hinata nodded and played with the large gem that was attached to your cape.

"War of Weapons? What happened there?"

"I can't remember exact details of course. It was almost three hundred years ago after all. And if you haven't connected with other races you were defiantly born after."

Hinata nodded "I'm only 15. So it makes sense sensethat I wouldn't know."

Sighing, you felt the sudden urge to throw yourself into the water. You cringed in disgust and looked into the deep ocean.

"You're so young." you commented.

"And you're not?" Hinata tilted his head and looked toward you. He set down your cape.

"In age of body I'm 16. But of mind and expierience I have aged 400 years."

"400!" Hinata jumped back at the confession.
"But how? You look 14!"

"People of Elven decent age much slower than the rest of the world. It's a gift and a curse. My own siblings are reaching 900 years."

Hinata sat closer and rested his chin on your shoulder. You smiled and turned your head slightly toward him.

"But the war. What happened?"

You looked to the horizon where you couldn't see the landmark or city.

"Humans, finding the magic of others made them power hungry. They begun to build troops in hopes of defeating other kingdoms and having control of the world. Wizards, witches and the ocational worlock began to apear. They had to go through deadly rituals to gain their power. And when they found out there was more to take. There was no stopping them. It was a war of not only hardware, but of magical power."

Hinata rested his weight against your body as he listened to you tell the story of an old war.

"Elven, Mer, Demon, Wood, and God banded together to stop them. Each of them protcting the gems they had in their care."

Hinata stared at your side profile, his eyes reflected the light from the setting sun and portayed admiration as he listened.

"Gems? Like the stones?"

You nodded.

"Some, although rare, have magic stored in them. There are three with the gods, with them from birth to re-birth. Others are forged over hundreds of years on sacred ground. Often places are abandoned before a gem is produced."

Hinata's orange hair tickled your neck, his webbed hand rest palm up on your knee. You took his hand and gently pressed your thumb into the center of it.

"(Y/N), what did you do in the war?"

Your eyes dropped into the water bellow you. Another urge, stronger than the last, wanted to pull you into the bottomless pit of water.

"I watched friends and family live and die at the hands of the people we all treated so well. I can only wonder if they took our kindess as pity."

Hinata squeezed your hand with a slimy but gentle touch and dug his head deeper into your shoulder.

"I am an adventurer. So that's what I did. I went searching for clues hideouts anything I could find on the other side of the war. Along the way I made a friend. His wings were a beige colour. But his overall aura was darker. He stood tall. But his wings have him little help because if he flew too high up, he would fall out of fear."

You turned your head to the merman, shiting slightly to fully face him and avoid hitting his poited ears with your own. You raised your free hand up toward the darkened sky, pointing to the bright light from the moons above the two of you.

"Is name, Kageyama Tobio. God of the moon."

Hinata sat eyes larger than before as he looked up to the two shining dots of light in the sky.

"Where is he now?"

"Home, I assume. But his sister is young and missing. So there is no doubt in my mind that he is still searching."

The sun had fully set by now. You lowered your hand to Hinata's shoulder and added some pressure to your finger tips.

"Rest for tonight. You've drained your energy enough for today." You smiled and pushed him down on the flat rock where your cape was, acting like a makeshift bed.

"And what of you? Are you not going to rest?" He asked, holding your hand as it dropped the edges of your cape over his shoulders.

"My mind is now plagued with thoughts. Of I rest now I cannot guarantee you'll see at dawn."

Hinata's brow furrowed as he questioned you.

"Why would that be?"

You sighed and brushed his hair with your free hand.

"My turning would toss me into deep water."

You smiled slightly as Hinata's expression turned sour.

"Now sleep."

~~~~~

Aahhhh I absolutely love this storyline. I can't wait to actually write it. (of course It won't be the exact same, but still.)

If your curious as to what the original characters to this story would look like I'll be posting pictures of them on my intagram.

I hope you liked it! So feel free to say something or whatever cause you not?