Tsukishima Kei - Red (Part 2)

Soulmate AU: Red string of fate

Requested by multiple people.

Tags/Warnings: FEM! Reader

Word Count: 1.3k+

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Red string of fate can break.

Though, the bonds of love and friendship are not bound between the string.

Love and friendship finds its own way through generations.

Not even the red string string of fate can control love in any form.

Everyone has their own right to feel what they feel.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Then

You felt nothing.

Nothing was tying you to the world. It felt like a punch to the stomach that would last forever. You stood in shock, your eyes wide open. Tsukishima stared at you with the same look; he felt it too. You quickly looked down at your left hand, and for the first time, you saw nothing.

The red loop around your finger was gone.

You looked back at Tsukishima in horror. Your mouth opened and closed not knowing what to say. You could feel yourself trembling.

"(Y/N)," Tsukishima said softly.

You didn't respond. Shaking your head, you slowly backed away from him. "How could you?"

He closed his eyes. He hated seeing you cry, but never has he seen you cry because of him. Whenever you cried he would feel like crying, so he made a pact with himself to never let you be sad enough to see tears running down your face.

"I—"

"Why did you have to yell?" Your voice was quiet, barely a whisper, but he could hear you clearly. It was the first time he heard you so broken. "Why couldn't you just tell me what was wrong. What I did. Why couldn't you just talk to me?"

"(Y/N)—"

"It's not supposed to break!" You were shaking. Though the air outside was humid, it was as if it would never be spring again. "No one ever said anything about it breaking, or that it could break. It's supposed to last forever."     

You looked up at Tsukishima. Tears clouded your vision, but you could make out the shape of his body. "Do you really hate me that much?"

He shook his head. "No, I love you so much, (Y/N)."

Nothing he said registered in your brain. You barely heard what he was saying, it sounded muffled in your ears.  "I mean, you must hate me so much for this to happen."

"Stop it," he said. He reached for your arm, but once he touched you, you flinched back. His touch felt like acid on your skin.

"Don't," you said. "I just can't."

You turned away and ran.

Tsukishima couldn't move. He watched as you ran across the street in the direction of your house. Once you faded from view, he leaned against the door of his house and slowly he slid down until he hit the ground. He moved to rub his eyes and his hand came back wet.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Neither of you went to school for the rest of the week. He came back at the beginning of the following week and you came back in the middle of that week.