Kageyama Tobio - Colourblind-ish

Soulmate AU: you can't see the colour of your soulmates eyes until you look them in the eye

Type:fluff
Requested

This was requested a while ago, thank you reader for being patient and giving me the time to right this!

Tags/Warnings: GN! Reader

Word Count: 800

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Well, it wasn't full on colour-blind, Kageyama, and who knows how many other people, was incapable of seeing the colour (E/C). And everyone was in this sort of situation, not being able to see one colour properly until they stared in the eyes of their soulmate.

Kageyama, being the boy he was, looked people in the eye when he talked to them on the off chance that he would meet his soulmate.

But with him and his aggressive attitude, eye contact was a bit more unsettling, making the people he spoke to feel a bit uncomfortable to be near him. The almost glare that he showed half the time gave people the creeps.

Sitting in his last period class at the end of the day, Kageyama waited for the bell to ring after handing in his messy work. But since it ended in a number of minutes, he passed the time by observing his classmates as they finish the work that was due for today.

Looking from row to row, his eyes came across the new transfer student who sat in the corner. (L/N) (Y/N), he thought.

They minded their own business, doing their work, or tried to. The feeling of eyes staring at their (H/L) (H/C) hair made them uneasy.

Looking up slightly to see the torsos of their classmates, they became aware of the boy who had his body turned in their direction.

Kageyama stared as they kept their eyes near the ground, they scrunched up their shoulders as soon as their head was pointed in his direction.

The bell rung and, the students ran forward to hand in their work. The (H/C)(ette or whatever) ran out of the class and out the gates of the school as quick as possible. Kageyama went to volleyball to practice.

This pattern repeated itself over the next week or so, and Kageyama grew tired of not being able to have eye contact with the new student.

Over the weeks of trying to talk to and make eye contact with them, he realised that (Y/N) was generally shy and wouldn't talk to anyone unless spoken to first. They probably didn't want to get stuck in a position they'd rather not be in. So that became his goal.

Talk to (L/N)-san.

Kageyama asked the new student questions in hope that they would actually look at him, but that didn't seem to work. So, he went to his last resort and asked his superior.

Sugawara was busy so he had to ask Nishinoya and Tanaka instead.

"Grab her face and kiss her like your eating chocolate!" They had suggested.

Kageyama wasn't sure how he was supposed to do that in the first place with (Y/N) being shy and all. So, he dismissed that idea and asked the two for a different one.

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Kageyama waited down the hall from his last period class a couple days after talking to Nishinoya and Tanaka. (L/N) was still inside helping the teacher stack some paper that Kageyama 'accidentally' knocked over.

The door to the classroom opened and out came (L/N) with their backpack in hand.

(Y/N) walked down the hall towards the exit, and was about to take a turn towards the stairs.

A strong hand pulled them as they turned and pushed them lightly against the wall. Despite not being hurt by it, it still startled them as they began to squirm, shutting their eyes tightly.

"Yah! Let me go!"

Kageyama raised his hands to their face and gently brushed his thumbs over their cheekbones.

(Y/N)'s face relaxed under his touch and their eyes opened slightly to see the chest of the male's school uniform. The hands that rested on the side of their face and slipped their fingers under their jaw, tilting their head up.

The dark colour that (Y/N) looked into was something they've never seen before. They loved it, they truly did. Finding out who those eyes belonged to was a whole other experience.

Kageyama stared into the (E/C) colour that was (L/N)'s eyes. Eye colour was common throughout the world. No matter the colour, but right here, right now it's seemed like the most important thing.

Kageyama trailed his hands down (Y/N)'s sides and down to their hands and gently pulled them off the wall.

"Come on, I'll walk you home." He spoke with a smile.

"Oh uh, o-okay." (Y/N) nodded, gripping the boys strong hand.

"Your eyes are pretty by the way."

"T-thank y-you-u."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

Was this fluffy? I don't know. I'll try better next time.

Updated: 01/17/2021