Hinata Shoyo- Sink

AU: Merman

Twas Requested

~~~~~

Pirates can be helpful sometimes. But if you do anything to tick them off, you're thrown overboard. And being an elf, one doing work for the queen, didn't help either.

Now here you where, sinking down into the depths of the ocean. Your cape weighed you down as it wrapped around your body, preventing you from being able to swim upwards.

Your chest hurt once your knees hit the sand at the bottom. The trobbing in your ears was loud, but didn't stop you from hearing the swishing of movement around you.

"Hey, there person!"

About five metres ahead from where you sat, a merman swam over to lean against an algae covered rock as if it was a bed. You bent backwards to get away from him, but it became usless since your torso just floated back up.

"Are you stuck? Odd. What is that? A tarp?"

The mermans orange tail flicked, propelling him forward toward you. His webbed hands pulled at your cape and his long pointed ear twiched through the water, listening for something.

Once untied from your dark cape you were able to swim upwards toward the surface. You felt your chest expand as you swam higher making it easier to hold your breath.

Now broken through the surface of the water you could finally breath. You heaved in air as the water splashed beside you.

"Woah! You don't have a tail! Or fins, or anything! What are you?"

Tredding the water with both arms and legs you kept yourself floating high enough to speak.

"Take me to shore and I'll speak to you then."

Nodding his head, the mermans orange hair shook off some of the water in it. His hands hooked under your shoulders holding you up.

"Hold your breath."

~~~~

"I am (Y/N) (L/N) of the Elven Domain. I am an adventurer and have direct orders from the queen to track down an artifact to keep it safe. And you are?"

"You're an elf?"

The two of you currently sat/stood on the sand drying off. The merman flicked his tail as it dried off and looked at you curiously.

"You don't socialize, do you?"

He shook his head as pick picked at the fins on his arms.

"My name is Shoyo Hinata. I have been The personal worker for the princess since I could remember. Only the royal family makes connections with those on land. The rest of us barely remeber the word for your people. Let alone seen one."

As he spoke, his tail had fully dried and began to morph into a set of thin legs. The colour from his tail seemed to take shape and become a pair of trousers that ended directly bellow the knee with a small frill. He slowly bent them with a large smile.

"We know of our abilities, but only those who attend world meeting use them. I've never had the chance."

Grabbing your hand suddenly, he pulled himself up and onto his feet.

"Now come on! You have an adventure to be on don't you?"

Marching forward Shoyo managed to take a couple steps before his knees buckled inwards and he fell forward. His butt stuck in the air and both his lower legs and face where covered in sand.

"I got to get used to this."

"I'm more surprised you managed to even take one step."

~~~~~

I love fantasy with a passion. And I can't wait to write my story. For now I will just draw characters to my hearts content.

Feel free to ask question or something cause why not?!