Hinata Shoyo- Tetrachromat

Soulmate AU: You don't see colour until you meet your Soulmate (specifically eye contact)

Requested

I'm going to write in first person for once. Let's see how this goes

~~~~~

Everything looked patchy. My hands, my house, my school, my friends, everything seemed to shift shades almost.

My friend shifted in the sunlight, the lines that 'coloured' her jacket shifted and changed. A growl came from the back of my throat as I threw my hands up in the air.

"I swear your jacket has three colours, I don't know what they are, but they are there." I said.

My left hand squeezed my hip through the jeens I wore as the other pointed to the girls jacket as she twirled around.

"I don't know what your talking about (Y/N)," she said. "All I see is green. Nothing else."

I groaned and flopped back into the chair that was behind me. The smell of the coffee around the store wafted in my direction as my friend laughed As she sipped on her drink.

"You're lucky you can even see the colour! Your girlfriend wouldn't back me either, calling me a 'blind idiot'."

I pushed my spine into the seat cushion before shooting my chest forward and raising my arms up to earn a satisfying crack. Looking at the time, I sighed and grabbed my bag and umbrella.

"Gotta get to work (F/N). I'll see you in class tomorrow right?"

(F/N) nodded and flicked her had forward.

"Yes, yes. Now get going. You're going to be late."

My head shook as I left the small cafe, I opened my umbrella and the supposedly blue colour cover the ever-changing colour of the clouds. The rain splashed against the concrete of the sreat and created a dizzying mesh of various shades of grey. Keeping My eyes foreward and away from my damp shoes, I made my way down to the local library without falling over.

The large doors of the library opened silently and closed with an echoing thud. Behind the giagantic front counter My co-worker looked up from her novel and smiled. She set the leather bound book into the varnished red wood (though it only seemed to be many shades of bleh) and picked up her bag.

"Just on time." she said, signing her name in a time slot in the binder behind the desk.

"It's been a slow day. I don't think you'll have much of a problem. I'll see you Friday." she let the door fall closed behind her.

I sat down behind the counter and looked around the moderately lit library with tall arching ceilings. Grabbing a book that was set behind the counter, I opened to the book marked page and tried to read the swimming letters against a similarly confusing background.

"I give up!" you sighed letting your head rest on the counter as you slammed to book down. A ripple of ethos sounded through the building that made me feel
isolated in the small corner behind the desk.

"That's not a good way of keeping a book in prestige condition." a mans voice rung from the opposite side of the counter.

My muscles tree my arm upward with a small click of my wrist before letting it flip to my side.

"Let me wollow in my pain of not being able to coprehend the simple lettering of a grafic novel."

The man laughed and set a small book on the counter that created a small vibration to go through a skull. Looking at the book I limply grabbed it between my now week fingers and scaned it. I looked up at the costomer and handed him his book.

"Here you... Are."

From the moment my eyes met his a small thing flickered within them as a wave of saturated and vibrant colours filled the once empty and patchy spaces.

"Even with colour everything sort of looks weird." I mumbled as I watched various shades of red, orange, yellow, purple, and blue dance around in what seemed to be his hair.

Looking around I realised with a jolt that everything had a similar colouration, too many for what each thing should be.

The man held his hand out, which hand many colours mixed together with a light peach over powering but not domination the apearence of his skin.

"My name is Hinata Shoyo," he smiled brightly showing off his pastel coloured teeth.

I took his hand shakily and saw that mine came out similarly, a mess of colours mixing together.

"(L/N) (Y/N)."

Hinata smiled again, showing off his smile.

"It's nice to finally meet you (Y/N)!"

~~~~~

I have a question for all of you.

Who here has a friend that they read these stories with and talk to them about them?

Because that's what me and my co-author did before we started writing them and I'm curious to know who is becoming the 'us' for our stories.