Kuroo Tetsuro - Future

AU: IDK, I'm gone for a week and my co-author is taking control.

AU: Regular - FEM! Reader - Word Count: 1k

Fluff Requested by justhaikyuutrash

Feel free to spam my co-author to your hearts content. (Thanks)

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Kuroo held you in his arms as you lied on his bed. It was the last week of being of high school for both of you, and you were thinking about college.

One day when you came home, your mom started jumping at you and screaming. She was holding an envelope with your name on it and a school insignia on the top right corner of the envelope.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Once your mom calmed down, she gave you the letter and told you to open it.

"I'm not going to get in," you told her. "This school is on the other side of the world, mom."

"Honey," you mom said. She placed both hands on your shoulders, and bent her head down. "You are one of the smartest people on the planet—"

"That's an over exaggeration."

"—and you said that you did really well on the exam. If you don't get into this school, then you can go wherever you want, but if you do, you have to take the chance."

You nodded and looked down at the letter in your hand. You turned it over and ripped open the top part of the letter.

You quickly scanned the letter and looked up at her.

"I got in."

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

"Kuroo?"

"Yeah?"

He was running his fingers through your hair, and was half asleep, but he was still conscious enough to hear what you were saying.

"If I leave, would we still be together?"

Kuroo sat up in his bed and you shifted over so that you were facing him. "Leave? Are you dying or something?"

You didn't answer, thinking of a way to break the news to him. Kuroo did not take news well. He would normally overact in the weirdest ways, and most of the time you didn't know if he was pretending or not.

"You're not actually dying right?" He gave out a nervous laugh.

You shook your head. "No, I just...."

You avoided eye contact with him. Whenever you were nervous about something, you would always avoid eye contact. It was a give away that you were hiding something.

"(Y/N), what's wrong? I'm completely sure that are not dying, so you have nothing to fear."

"I got accepted into New York University."

"Oh."

"Normally, I wouldn't hesitate going, but—"

"—it's on the other side of the world," Kuroo finished.

"Yeah."

Before you even started dating, Kuroo told you that he was going to play volleyball for a university team in Tokyo. Ever since then, you've never said anything about planning on leave Japan. Being born in the states, and moving to Tokyo later in your life, you never had to worry about language barriers because you were fluent in both English and Japanese. So, attending a school in the states would not be a problem.

Kuroo stayed quiet for a while, until he abruptly got out of bed and put on a pair of socks that were laying on his floor.

"Where are you going?" You sat on the edge of the bed when he finished putting on his socks.

"Come on," he said. He grabbed a light jacket from his closet and put it on. "I want to show you something."

"But we were in the middle of talking."

He smiled and offered you a hand. "Come on, trust me."

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

You and Kuroo walked in silence down his street. His hand was gripping yours a bit too tightly as he guided you to his destination, but you didn't say anything. He lead you down different streets until you found yourself at the park near your school.

The park was known for their cherry blossoms, so many people were there, with their families, looking at the blossoms that they've been waiting for months.

Kuroo lead you down the path of the trees. The floor was covered with different coloured petals that had fallen, and the wind was just strong enough so you could see patches of the ground.

"I forgot that they were in season, the cherry blossoms," you said absentmindedly. You looked in around at aww as you saw the blossoms form an arch above your head.

"I want you to go," he said.

You stopped walking and tugged on his hand. He turned to face you, his eyes glued to yours.

"Really?"

"If you don't want to go, then by all means, stay. But if this is what you really want, then I'm not going to make you stay. I don't want you to resent me for it later in our lives," he told you.

You raised an eyebrow. "Our lives? Does that mean you're not going to break up with me?"

Kuroo shook his head and looked around. "Do you know where we are?"

"Uhh...in the park?"

He laughed, and shook his head. "Three years ago, at this park, I asked you to be my girlfriend and you said yes."

"You're not going to ask me to marry you right? I mean, we're only 18."

"I'm not going to ask you yet," he said. He was grinning as he took your other hand. "Not until we are older. But it doesn't mean I'm going to change my whole life, wanting to play volleyball for Tokyo, that's something I've wanted for a long time."

"So what now?" you asked. "We're not breaking up and you're not proposing to me, so that leaves us in a grey area."

"School doesn't last forever, and who knows, maybe New York will play Tokyo."

"We'll make it work?"

"I'd go to the other side of the world to make us work."  

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Feel free to spam me...I'll either use Baconham's account to answer or my own. 

Also, I've kind of obsessed with BTS...is that normal? 

I'm actually wondering if you guys will spam me though~~~ 

You can ask me random stuff, but just remember that I might respond with Baconham's account.