Kageyama Tobio - Howl (Part 3)

AU: Werewolf

Tags/Warnings: FEM! Reader, Word Explanation: Alphas are higher in ranking; Werewolves must marry in the same class; Omegas are lower in ranking.

Word Count: 770

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"Report."

"He's gone, sir."

Hinata and Kageyama stood in front of the King, both on a knee. The princess was escorted to her chamber after trying to thank the knights again, the sent of roses following after her.

"Good. It's a shame though. Oikawa was a great knight. We trusted greatly, too greatly it seems." the king said as he rested against his seat.

"You two are dismissed, but be up early tomorrow. I wish to speak with you further."

The knights nodded as they stood. A creak was hers from the door (Y/N) had previously left from.

"Father? May I speak to you?"

The king nodded and the knights left to rest in their rooms.

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"Darling what is it?" the king asked, sending off the rest of the knights in the room. It went quiet for a few seconds after the last door closed until (Y/N) spoke up.

"Promote them. Both of them."

(Y/N) sat on her heels as she looked up at the king.

"They are two Omegas that have shown great bravery and deserve to be of higher level. Please father, make them Alphas."

Her father leaned forward, placing a hand on her head.

"I'll do you one better."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

The next morning, (Y/N) was dressed in a bright red dress that trailed behind her. She was escorted down to the main room where the thrones sat, and rested next to her father in place of the queen.

"Are you prepared?"

"I'm not sure what to be prepared for."

The king laughed and the door of the castle opened with a flick of his hand.

"Everyone welcome. Please be seated. Our guests will be here soon." The crowd dispersed among the rows of chairs the had been set in positions.

"Guests? Father what guests—"

"Bring in the knights!"

The king sat back in his seat and asked a page that had been waiting for his sword.

"Father what are you—"

"Ah. The heroes of our kingdom. Please come forward."

(Y/N) turned her head to the side entrance where Hinata and Kageyama stood in royal armor.

They made their way to the steps of the thrones and took a knee, shoulders touching. "When you said you needed to speak with us I didn't think there would be an audience," Hinata commented with a laugh.

The king laughed as well and stood from his seat holding his weapon tightly.

"You need to follow tradition. Such an event shouldn't go without the kingdom to watch." The kings arms spread wide, gesturing to the people observing.

(Y/N) shook in her seat, afraid of what her father would do.

"Heads down boys. This will be done properly."

He raised his sword in the air high above his head. Light streaming through the window reflected off of the royal weapon sending beams of light in every direction

Without warning, his arms swung down taking the weapon with them, and towards the knights who had saved his daughter's life.

"Father!"

The shining sword made contact with the knights and any light that had been absorbed into it was sent out in a gliding flash that everyone cowered away from.

Once it faded, however, the people in the open room turned there heads to the scene.

Instead of what they thought would be a gruesome and bloody act, there were two large wolves bowing their heads to the panting king.

The one smaller than the other, had orange specks throughout their scruffy mane, while the other was pure black and practically towered over the smaller. The king handed his sword back to his page and took a step toward the wolves.

"Rest easy, knights."

Following his words the to wolves morphed back into the knights that wore the royal armor of the kingdom.

(Y/N), like the audience, had expected a horrific scene and hid away in her throne. Not looking at the new Alphas of the kingdom.

The king rested a shaking hand on Kageyama's shoulder and patted slightly.

"That took too much energy. (Y/N) is shaken, I suggest you comfort her."

He began to walk for the exit before turning back around.

"She must be married soon. I expect you to follow my command and do so, you have my blessing."

And with that, the king left to rest. Leaving the safety of his daughter in the hands of an Alpha.

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

I hope you enjoyed it~~

Feel free to contact me~~
(please do, I like attention.)

Edited: 17/03/2021