Akaashi Keiji - Witches (Part 3)

AU: Medieval/ Kingdom

Tags/Warnings: FEM! Reader

Word Count: 1.5k+

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

(Y/N) and Akaashi rode through the forests for many days. After a while, they found a small village located far from kingdom where they were no longer welcomed.

(Y/N)'s hands were secured on Akaashi's belt as the horse bounce up and down on the rocky path that lead up to a small village.

There weren't many people that lived there. About 150 people in total. Each house was small, nothing like the houses in the kingdom. Mud bricks and sticks made each home here while cement bricks and wood made the homes and palace of the kingdom's.

Akaashi look around. An elderly woman was washing clothes by a near river, a young man beside her holding a bucket that held the freshly washed clothes.

He dismounted his horse, (Y/N) right behind him, and together they walked up the the women and the young man.

"Where are we?" Akaashi demanded.

The woman and the man looked up. (Y/N) slapped Akaashi across his chest. "Don't be rude," she said. She turned and faced the two people before her. "Sorry. Went he meant to say, was if you could tell us where we are. We seem to be lost."

The woman stood up with the help of the young man. She looked closely at (Y/N), and took a step forward.

"You look just like her," she said. She moved closer to (Y/N) and took a strand of her hair, turning the soft (H/C) between her fingers.

"Like who?" (Y/N) asked. She had no living relatives as far as she knew.

The women drew her hand back. "A few years ago, there was a couple who passed through here. They said they had a daughter, the girl had your hair, and the boy, your eyes. Both of them seemed to have a secret. They kept their hand clenched, as if they were hiding something." She glanced at (Y/N)'s hand. "Just like you are doing now."

(Y/N) looked at her hand, and like the woman said, they were clenched. It was a force of habit. Sometimes the smallest pinch of anger or sadness would cause her powers to flare, but she had learned to control it.

"They were looking for something," the woman continued, her eyes never leaving (Y/N)'s. "They never got their answer."

(Y/N) felt the pressure behind her eyes. Holding back tears was harder than she had thought. She gave the women a kind smile. "Thank you." This was the first time that she had heard of another person talking about her parents that wasn't herself.

The women nodded. "And to answer your question, you are in the Village of Night. We are 12 villages away from the kingdom."

(Y/N) nodded again in thanks. She turned back towards Akaashi, who was talking to young man. Walking over to him, she tugged on his armor. He turned to face her. "This gentleman here told me that there is a guest home where we could stay. Are you alright?"

(Y/N) nodded her head, but her face remained emotionless. Her eyes were clouded with a misty gray. "I'm fine. Where is this house?"

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

The house was like the others. Mud bricks and sticks held the house together, the door was made out of a heavy piece of wood, and windows were holes out of the wall with wooden pieces forming a T shape. There was a single bed in the middle of the room, a wooden table, and another door that probably lead to a bathroom.