Obara Yutaka - Day Dreams

Soulmate AU: You meet your soulmate in your dreams but you can't share vital information.

One of the more underrated characters.

Tags/Warnings: GN! Reader

Word Count: 946

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

It's been a couple of weeks since you've been dreaming about your soulmate.

They weren't exactly like other people's though.

They were weird.

Really, really weird.

Your friends told you that you meet your soulmate in your dreams. You could talk about anything and everything, but vital information about yourself. If you tried, then their voice would sound like the teacher for Charlie Brown (or at least that's what you thought would happen). It wasn't like you couldn't see their face, it would just be blurry, like a picture out of focus.

Most of the time you would get glimpses of his life. The only things that you remember is the number 12, the colours dark teal and white, and —weirdly enough—teriyaki chicken.

Some people started to have dreams once they were old enough to remember it, but you only started getting them only a few weeks ago. Many of your friends started to have their dreams early on in life, and when they asked you about yours, you were reluctant to tell them that you haven't had any yet.

You would lie about it. Not that you really cared, you just didn't want them to think that something was wrong with you. But you knew that there wasn't anything wrong with you.

You sat on the edged on your bed, terrified to fall asleep. Well, you weren't terrified, but you didn't want to sleep. It wasn't like you didn't want to meet your soulmate; it was more like inner insecurities. You told them about (random hobbies) and stuff like that, but nothing really personal.

The one thing that you loved about him was that he was exactly the same—as far as you knew. He told you about his hobbies but nothing personal either. Which was one of the reasons that you two connected so easily.    

The only way to see your soulmate in your dreams was if you both were asleep at the same time—which made sense.

Eventually, you body and eyes betrayed you and you felt your head hit the soft pillow that laid on your bed.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

You sat on a rock right beside a waterfall, the mist sprayed your legs and gave you a small cool breeze. You were staring at the sun reflecting off of the waterfall when you felt a warm spot on your hand. You looked over and saw the blurry face of your soulmate.

"Hi," he said.

"Hey."

They had a really distinct voice. Everyone had a distinct voice, that was one of the ways to actually find your soulmate. The only other way was to wait. By the time the person was 18, their soulmates face would started to become clearer, but only with time. Everyone eventually ends up with their soulmate—as far as you know—everyone you had ever met had ended up with their soulmate.

"Are you okay? Even with the blur, you seem kind of tense."

You saw the faintest blur line of a smile.

"I'm just tired..."

He laughed. "I can tell...Well, I can't because, you know, the blur, but you already know that...so I'm going to stop talking..."

"I'm tensed? You seem tensed." You laughed slightly at his awkwardness. "You should probably eat some teriyaki chicken or something."

There was an awkward comfortable silence in the air. You both knew that the other person was there, but you just had nothing to say to each other.

"It's weird," he said abruptly.

You gave him a blank look, but after a second you released that he couldn't see your face. "What is?"

"It's weird that I can touch your hand, but I can't even see your beautiful face," he said. You could see him shake his head. "So, now that I've said what on my mind, what's on yours?"    

"It's nothing, really," you said in a low voice. "It's just that..."

"You can tell me. I am your soulmate," he laughed nervously.

"It's just that...I don't know if you're going to like me for who I am as a person and not as a figure in a dream," you whispered just loud enough for him to hear.

"And what makes you think that?"

"Well, I (bad habit)," you said shakily. You knew that it wasn't the best answer in the world, but it was still an answer.

He started to laugh as he griped your hand slightly tighter. "You really think that something that small will affect our relationship."

"Well, no, but they're others things too," you said.

"And until that day comes, you are perfect in my eyes, and you are perfect right now."

"You seem to have high expectations for me," you laughed.

It was hard to hear someone say this because no one has ever told you that before. A part of you knew that he was telling you the truth about what he thinks about you. Maybe it's a soulmate thing.  

"That's probably because I haven't met you yet," he said.

You turned your head back to the waterfall. A small rainbow peaked though the sun's rays. "Then maybe it's time we should meet."

"Someday. I promise."

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

For once you woke up remembering everything that that he said, down to the last detail; that never happened before. You woke up knowing that one day you will meet your soulmate, and that that feeling was great enough to keep you going until you do.

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Well, that was awful, but I hopped you liked it anyways.

Instagram: lb.bacon       

Updated: 01/17/2021