Yamaguchi Tadashi - Pink (Part 4 of Red)

Soulmate AU: Red String Of Fate

Tags/Warnings: FEM! Reader 

Yamaguchi's story involving the Red Series for Tsukishima.

This his set in high school after the string breaks.

•──────⋅☾ ☼ ☽⋅──────•

"Tsukishima!"

Yamaguchi stood in front of his best friend with his hands clenched tightly in fists. He had a defensive stance with one leg further back and his weight evenly distributed between them. His jaw visibly tightened causing his teeth to grind together.

"What the hell? What were you thinking?! Have you gone blind?!"

Tsukishima stood unwavering in front of him in a neutral position. Hands on his pockets, feet shoulder width apart and back in a relaxed slouch.

"Do you realize what you have done? (Y/N) is our friend, your soulmate, and now you've just tossed her aside like a typical Oikawa. You—"

"She's not my soulmate."

Yamaguchi shifted his weight on his back leg and let his arms go slack. He let out an exasperated sigh and shook his head.

"Your connection with her was unlike anything. Are you really just going to throw that away?"

Tsukishima lowered his head with a sigh. The weather wasn't reflecting the situation at all. The sun was blaring down with no clouds to block it's way making Tsukishima overheat under his jacket.

"If she was my soulmate," Tsukishima turned as he spoke, waking in the other direction, "the string wouldn't have snapped."

Tsukishima walked away from his friend, leaving him red with rage and shaking from his clenched muscles.

"It wouldn't have broken if you didn't pull a stunt like that."

•──────⋅☾ ☼ ☽⋅──────•

It was raining now. A large contrast to what it had been the day before. Strong wind made it colder and harder to control your footing. Lighting and thunder could be seen or heard every few seconds.

(Y/N), unlike most people at this moment, sat on her knees in the middle of a large open field. Lighting struck close enough to where she could see smoke rising from chard grass.

It was grey. Everything was grey and dark as if the sun had set hours ago. It was only just past noon but the dark and heavy clouds blocked out any light (Y/N) would hope see. The trees and the grass seemed to be drained of colour, flowers that she knew to be yellow, blue or purple were grew

She tilted her head to the sky letting the water surround her like an innocent bubble trying to shield her from any pain or sorrow. She felt like a kid in her own world in that moment.

(Y/N) couldn't feel the rain any longer. Her body became numb to the cold and the pins and needles caused by the rain. But she could still feel the warmth of hot tears that bled from her eyes.

"When does the eye of a hurricane come?"

She just wanted some peace.

"Even for a moment."

•──────⋅☾ ☼ ☽⋅──────•

"What were you thinking? Standing in the middle of a field during a storm. You could've died from the lightning."