Captains - Anchor

AU: Mermaid/Merman

Twas requested (sort of, I changed it a bit)

For those who don't know, here are basic rankings:

Captain
Mate
W.Os
P.Os
Trainees

(1st years are trainees, 2nd years are P.Os, 3rd years are W.Os, reader is Mate, Daichi is Captain)

~~~~~

(Y/N) stood at the helm of the ship as her fellow crew where beginning to set the anchor down. Daichi stood beside you and called out orders that the crew imedietly followed, the new recruits asking their higher ups what to do.

Once the achor was set and the boat stopped moving the crew either jumped into the water or took the dory to shore. The Mate and Captain walking through the ship inspecting the clean up. Daichi patted (Y/N) on the shoulder as he sat down in the ward room.

"Go ahead (Y/N), I'm going to stay here and sleep."

The woman nodded and climed on deck to joint the rest of the crew.

Once docked the W.Os left with P.Os and the trainees. Sugawara called out with Asahi as everyone began running toward the near by market.

(Y/N) watched as she tied the dory up securely but walked to the shore line instead of following the rest. She rolled up the ends of her pants and sat on one of the large rocks on the shoreline next to the beginning of a ledge that seemed untouched by people going into the ocean. The water was a cool contrast to the warm weather and helped the girl relax after days on the water.

(Y/N)'s eyes where trained on the water as she searched to fish that occasionally jumped out of the water. She got up from the rock, leaving her shoes behind as she walked a few steps deeper. Her hand trailed along the worn down, smooth rock wall beside her as she made her way through the water.

Turning with the curve of the rocks she noticed a gaping hole close to the top of the water. Risking the dryness of her clothes any further, (Y/N) ducked into the water and swam through the wide hole.

A moderately sized cave showed at the other side, there where holes in the ceiling that let light in and was probably the reason people didn't clone it. Too dangerous. (Y/N) shook some of the water off and out of her hair as she stepped into the ledge of sand at the back of the cave.

As she sat and tried to dry herself as much as possible, (Y/N) listened to the water splash against the inner walked of the cave. The sounds echoed through, sending a calming feeling throughout the area.

A small splash recked the serenity.

"Who's there?" (Y/N) called.

"The real question is who isn't."

She turned to see the face of a man poking out from the waters surface.

"A lot of people aren't." she said in reply to the unkown man.

"Well yes," he said as his jaw rested on the small waves. "But I assure you, the people you would find to be the most interesting are in her right now with us."

"It's only the two of us," you said as your hand reached for the pocket knife that rested in your larger pocket you had.

"On the contrary," he said, more splashes where heard and you saw the eyes of three others pop to the surface. "We have quite the audience. People don't come here for muiltiple reasons. You may say we are one of them. Even so, we would never pass up the opportunity to see one in their flesh."

"Mermen?" (Y/N) asked as her brows furrowed. She learned forward as they began to speak up. The men started making small talk with the woman. Making her feel calm and relaxed. Small conversations without any sort of transition from one topic to another.

"Oh, almost forgot. Oikawa, Tooru." he said holding his webbed hand into the air for you to shake.

"(L/N), (Y/N)." she said taking his way hand in hers.

The rest followed each speaking their name. Bokuto Kotaro, Ushijima Wakatoshi, and Kuroo Tetsuro in that order.

Th last one with somehow dry and messy black hair stood further away making (Y/N) step closer and into the water to shake his scaly and webbed hand.

As soon as your hand held your hand a thin grin spread slowly across his face.

"Welcome."

~~~

Hinata arrived latter at the ship when the sun was starting to set, ahead of everyone as he had swam over and they were trying to fit everyone onto the small dory. He walked down to the ward room and saw Daichi reading as he played across one of the bunks.

"Ah Daichi. Where's (L/N)?" Hinata asked shaking his hair out with his hand.

Daichi looked over at the red haired boy.

"With everyone else probably." he said, not stopping to put down his book.

Hinata shook his head. "I was just with everyone, she wasn't there."

Daich I hummed and sat down his book. "Well I'm sure she'll be here soon. Don't worry about it. She can take take of herself."

Hinata looked down. "She's normally here early to make sure everything's in order though." he pointed out.

Daichi smiled at the young trainee. "Hinata, she's first officer, she'll be fine."

Hiniata nodded and left the ward room.

"If you're sure."

~~~~~

Hehehe

Probably a part two. Depend if you guys want it though.