Nishinoya Yū - The Friend

AU: Regular - you are Hinata's best friend

Request made by thuglyfeotaku

Tags/ Warnings: FEM! Reader

Word Count: 1.8k+

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

"(N/N)!!!!!!" Hinata shouted, running towards you.

"Hey Shoyo," you said, grabbing your bag from the ground. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah."

You and Hinata were best friends ever since you were five. He has been in your life for as long as you could remember.

You were there the first time his saw the Little Giant and wanted to pursue volleyball. Both of you applied for Karasuno and passed the entrance exam. But since school has started, you saw less of each other because he had volleyball.

You were there when he had his ups and downs with Kageyama, and you were the one who would separate their fights. Lucky enough, they became friends, so you didn't have to break up their fights often.

Normally, you and Hinata would do everything together but you're not really built for sports. Yes, you could past a gym class, but you couldn't beat Hinata in a race to the school.

"(N/N), are you going to come to my practice? You promised," Hinata pouted.

"Of course I will Shoyo, anything for my best friend," you cooed and wrapped an arm across his shoulders.

When people passed you on the street, they eyed you weirdly. Some people thought that you two were dating because you were constantly together, but both of you knew your relationship was completely platonic. Also, neither of you cared, so it wasn't a big deal. People can think whatever they wanted too.

"I'll meet you at the gym okay?" you said.

"Okay, let's go to class," Hinata sighed.

You laughed and shook your head. "It's not that hard Shoyo..."

"Yeah," Hinata said, "for you. You understand it."

"I'll run through it with you after your practise, okay?"

"Okay."  

You both sat in the back of the class, closest to the window, and waited for Kageyama. Kageyama walked in, patting, right as the teacher did.

"Are you okay?" Hinata asked.

"Woke up late, you dumbass," Kageyama said.

"How am I the dumbass?? You're the one who woke up late!!"

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

After school had ended, you, Hinata, and Kageyama ran to the gym. Well, Hinata and Kageyama ran to the gym, you walked behind them because you don't run. You could, if there was a murderer or kidnapper chasing you, but other than that you don't run.

When you got there, they were already changed and setting up the volleyball net. You put your bag beside the bench and sat down.

"Oi, (N/N), can you help us put up the net?"

You guys were the first ones in the gym, and that was probably because everyone else took their time getting there.

"Uh...sure," you said. You weren't much taller than Hinata, so you didn't know if you would be any help or not.