Sugawara Kōshi - Confession

AU: Regular

Requested: fluff

Tags/Warnings: FEM! Reader

Word Count: 997

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

Sugawara and you had known each other for the better part of your whole life. You weren't really the outgoing type, but once you were comfortable with someone, you were really comfortable with them. You knew about personal space, but you didn't really care.

Sugawara knew about this, but didn't mind. Actually, he thought it was cute. You would just randomly jump on his back or when you were sitting you would lean against him and fall asleep on him.

Everyone on the volleyball team knew about Sugawara's crush on you. So, whenever you leaned on him or have any physical contact with him, he would turn a bright shade of red.

The Karasuno Volleyball team were on their way to a training camp in Tokyo where multiple schools would be training together. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for a school like Karasuno —who lost their match to Aobajosai— to get a chance to practise with volleyball powerhouse schools.

The only problem was that Hinata and Kageyama failed their exams and had to take supplementary to make up for it. There was also the fact that it was a long trip from Miyagi to Tokyo which was 4 hours and 26 minutes.

That means 4 hours and 26 minutes on a bus, through the middle of nowhere, with minimum breaks.

You were only there because Yachi wasn't feeling well that week and asked you to fill in as manager. Coach Ukai was fine with the idea because you already help out with the team. Sometimes, waiting for Sugawara to finish was boring, so you would end up helping either way.

You were sitting beside Sugawara, with you by the window and Suga sitting next to the aisle. You were feeling particularly tired because everyone had to wake up early to make it to Tokyo on time.

Your back was against the window of the bus and your legs were across Suga's lap. Your headphones hung loosely in your ears while you slept. Suga's arms were on you legs, keeping them steady, red dusted his cheeks as he talked with Daichi who was sitting across from him.

Daichi glanced over at you, and made sure you were sleep before turning to Sugawara once again.

"You have to tell her," Daichi said, catching the eyes of all of the members of the volleyball team.

"T—tell who what?" Suga asked, looking outside of the window.

Daichi rolled his eyes. "Tell the girl that has her legs on your lap that you like her."

"I don't like her," Sugawara mumbled under his breath.

At the back of the bus, Nishinoya and Tanaka started screaming. "SUGAMAMA LIED!!!!!"

"Quiet down!" Suga whispered shouted. "You're going to wake up (Y/N)!"

Sugawara turned to you. You had shifted from your original spot from the sudden loud noise, but you still slept soundly.

He let out a breath and relaxed in his seat.

"You should still tell (Y/N), though," Daichi said, with a lopsided grin.

"Tell me what?" you asked, taking your legs off of Suga's lap and rubbing your eyes. You gave them a tired smile.

"NOTHING!" The whole bus shouted.

"Geez, calm your faces. If you guys aren't going to tell me, then I'm going back to sleep," you said.

You leaned your head on Suga's shoulder, and fell asleep within minutes. Sugawara blushed at your actions.

"People don't do that to people they don't like," Kiyoko said from the front of the bus.

"What? Do you know something??" Suga questioned, making sure not to talk to loudly.

Kiyoko shrugged her shoulders. "If I did, I'm sworn to secrecy."

"Kiyoko!!! You're such a good person!!!!!" Nishinoya and Tanaka shouted from back of the bus.

"Just trust your gut. You know her the best," Kiyoko said, and turned her attention back at the windshield at the front of the bus.

Sugawara nodded, and looked down at your sleeping head that sat on his shoulder.

It should be that easy right? To know if someone likes you or not?

Soon, everyone on the bus was asleep except for Suga...and coach Ukai who was driving the bus.

You haven't moved from your current position, except that now you were hugging Sugawara's arm like a pillow.

Sugawara shook you slightly. "(Y/N)...wake up."

You started to stir, but your arms still had a death grip on Suga's.

"Come on, I need to tell you something," Sugawara said gently.

"What?" You asked in a groggy voice. Your eyes were still closed, but you were listening.

"Do you like someone?" Suga asked.

"Well," you said, lifting your head off of his shoulder and turned to face him. "I haven't giving that much thought, but I guess you can say that I do."

"Really?" Suga asked dejectedly.

"Really," you smiled.

"Well, his lucky, whoever he is."

"I know. He is the kindest person I have ever met in my whole life. He tolerates me even though I'm super clingy sometimes, and he has the most amazing smile in the world," you said dreamily.

Suga sighed. "H—he sounds perfect for y—you."

You nodded. "And he's sitting right beside me."

Suga gave you a blinding smile and hugged you. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"It would be my honour," you said and kissed him on the cheek. "Well, if that's it, then I'm going to go back to sleep. There's still two hours until we reach Tokyo."

You intertwined your hand with Suga's and placed your head back on his shoulder.

Sugawara shook his head and planted a kiss on your forehead. He carefully placed his head on yours and fell asleep with a smile in his face.

•──────⋅☾ Extended Ending ☽⋅──────•

"You know, you haven't actually said that you like me," you said, jumping off of the bus.

"I like you," Sugawara said, kissing your forehead again. "Happy now?"

"Extremely."

•──────⋅☾ ☽⋅──────•

It's 12pm and I just woke up.

Updated: 01/17/2021