Akaashi Keiji - Too Late

Sorry for the late update! 

Warning: There isn't a lot of it, but this one shot mentions suicidal thoughts and depression, so please read at your own risk. If you have suicidal thoughts, please try to seek help even if it's hard. 

Type: Angst

It's not really a soulmate AU, but I hope that you enjoy it and it was something that fit along the lines of what you first intended.  

~~~~~

(Y/N) stood on the edge of the cliff looking down. The edge stood tall above the ground, the bottom was unknown.

The cliff was known as Killers Rock because it was were most people would end their lives. The police were planning on blocking it off at the beginning of next year. At first, (Y/N) never understood why people killed themselves. It was known to some people as "attention seeking" and to others as "crazy".

(Y/N) never really believed any of them. Why would someone want to kill themselves for attention when they weren't alive to witness their "fame", it just didn't make sense. The only thing that give is saden their loved ones.

The only reason she understood was sadness, and unfortunately, that was the category that she fell under. (Y/N) didn't want fame, she was just sad, and that was enough for her to want to end it.

The only reasons she had to stay were for her brother and her best friend. It would kill her to know that they were going to be in pain and that she was the cause of it, but she also wonder how they would feel if they knew she was suffering to keep them happy.

Eventually, they stopped being good enough reasons.

~~~~~

(Y/N)'s best friend, Akaashi, notices things different about her. She lost interest in things that painted smiles on her face and was unmotivated to do things. She was skipping school more often, and stopped asking for him to join her.

Sometimes she would talk about the world as if it had already ended and the future would never have a new beginning. After a week, Akaashi started to become more concerned. Even though he also was best friends with (Y/N)'s brother, Bokuto, he was unreliable in these types of situations. He wouldn't take things seriously unless they were spelt out for him.

Akaashi was on his own.

~~~

(Y/N) was fine for the longest time before she wasn't. Akaashi kept a close eye on her incase she ever started to slip back into her state of depression because everyone's depression was different. The only thing that they had in common was that they have depression.

There was one day where (Y/N) was late. She was supposed to meet him at the burger joint down his street so they could have milkshakes and and potential laugh at people who fell walking into the place, but she never showed up.

It was like her to be late, but after a certain amount of time Akaashi knew that she wasn't going to come.

He called Bokuto, who told him that she left the house to meet him.

He then called (Y/N) who didn't pick up the first time, or the second time, or the third time, or the fourth time.

He then texted her in all caps, WHERE ARE YOU? CALL ME

He thought that just maybe, the all caps would grab her attention enough that (Y/N) would look at her phone, but he never go a reply back.

Akaashi went to Killers Rock.

~~~~~

When he got there he didn't see anything. The fog was too thick to see anything not 5 feet in front of him. He carefully walked with his head down as close to the edge of the cliff as possible without falling off the other end.

As he walked, he whispered the same thing.

Please don't be gone. Please be there. Please don't go. Please don't leave me.

But it was too late. 

~~~~~

Sorry that was really short but I hope that you enjoyed it even a little bit.