Hinata Shoyo - Breather

AU: Medieval/ Kingdom (They're kinda the same to me.)

Requested by @fernmedina9 Thanks for your request~

Tags/Warnings: FEM! Reader, slight violence/defense 

Word Count: 1.6k+

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

You were laying in the tall grass just outside to castle. You were bringing your breathing back down to a normal pace after training with your father.

You sucked in a large breath of the cold night air and sat up from your spot.

"(Y/N)?" you heard the Prince call from behind you, "what are you doing this late at night?"

You turned your body to the young Prince as you stood from your spot. Bowing, you replied, "My apologies your highness. I'm sorry if I worried you. I was just getting some air after my training. I thought the sky looked beautiful, so I decided to take my breather out here."

"(Y/N)," he said as you straightened your back. "You shouldn't call me 'your highness.' We've known each other for too long for you to call me that. Please, just call me by my name."

"Your highness, as much as I would love to, we aren't aloud to refer to each other so casually until you are crowned. That's still in 8 years. Then, and only then, will you have the authority to allow such a thing."

The Prince sat down next to your feet and motioned for you to join him.

"You will be here until I'm 18, right?"

You nodded firmly. "Of course, I will."

"And when you become a knight, you will protect me, right?" he asked quietly, staring at the shining lights above.

You waved your hand slightly to produce a rose, as if it was made of air.

"I will protect you with everything I have, Hinata."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"Your highness, you wished for my presence?" you asked as you kneeled in front of the king.

The man on the large throne coughed slightly before he spoke, making sure his voice would be clear.

"The neighbouring kingdom; they have demanded the engagement of my son and their princess. If we don't comply, they will attack," he said solemnly.

You stared at the ground in hatred. Your eyes squinted as your breathing began to shake.

"(Y/N)," he said informally. "I relied on your father in such situations but—" he cut himself short.

"You, at only 17, are our kingdom's head of protection against enemies. You are strong," he spoke loudly in the large room. "And I know that it will be the hardest thing to do, but I wish for you to take him to their kingdom and be the best knight we have."

The king placed his large hand on your metal covered shoulder.

"I want my son to be safe. You're the only one capable of providing such protection to Hinata, and to the kingdom. Please."

You lifted your head to look at the red-headed king. "When are we set to leave?" you asked as your heart raced.

"At day break."

•──────⋅☼⋅──────•‌

"We head north, make sure the path is clear. They demanded we arrive my noon. We do not want to find out if we arrive late." You set of in front of the carriage where Hinata slept, speaking to a group of knights.