new year's kiss

we pulled up at my friend's house and my stomach was twisted inside out and upside down with nerves and excitement. my family and i were back to our home town for christmas and we'd been invited over to our friends' for a new year's eve party. normally i wouldn't have been so excited, but there was someone i was very happy to see again.

the last time we'd gone back, my friend baekhyun introduced me and my sister to his university friend, park chanyeol. my sister and i were both very attracted to him, he was one of the most beautiful boys i'd ever seen. the first time we met we went to an amusement park and my sister was the one who was talking to him the most. i was too nervous to approach him and say anything, even though he was very friendly and kind, so i kind of stayed to the back.

the next time we saw him, we had a party at baekhyun's house and i drank a little and got a bit tipsy. i was a hundred times more confident than before and we spent the whole night flirting and tickling each other. my sister was mad at me for a while but it was fun and he was being unbelievably cute.

i was so excited to see him again and the second i laid eyes on him at baekhyun's house, my stomach flipped. he looked exactly the same as the year before but even more gorgeous than i remembered. he turned to look at me and the smile he gave me was breathtaking. he rushed over and pulled me into a hug, rocking me from side to side.

"it's so good to see you again!" he said.

"you, too," i replied. he pulled away from the hug and hugged my sister as well before smiling politely at my mom. baekhyun took the opportunity to wrap himself around me at that moment so i forced myself to turn away from chanyeol and hug him back.

"it's so good to see you again, i've missed you," he said.

"i've missed you, too,"  i replied. he pulled away from the hug to hug my mom and sister and everyone else decided it was time to come over and say hello.

it wasn't until almost half an hour later that the "kids" were finally free to go off by ourselves. the 5 of us went up to baekhyun's bedroom and baekhyun, jongdae and my sister spread themselves out on the floor, leaving chanyeol and i to sit on the bed.

"so, how've you been in the past year?" he asked.

"pretty good, so glad to be out of university," i replied.

"god, me too," he chuckled. "have you applied for any jobs?"

"i'm actually doing some modelling." his eyes widened in interest, making me grin.

"what kind of modelling?" he asked.

"i'd rather not say," i said. i looked away as a blush formed on my cheeks but i didn't miss how his eyes ran over my body. "but what about you?"

"i, uh, i got a job writing songs for k-pop idols," he said.

"oh, wow, that's amazing!"

we spent hours just talking about how our lives had been in the year we hadn't seen each other and before i knew it, we were called down for the countdown. we all rushed down the stairs just in time for the countdown to begin. we gathered around in a circle and just as we reached 0, chanyeol grabbed my hand and spun me to him, leaning down and kissing me. i was shocked but managed to wrap my arms around him and kiss him back.

when we pulled away, chanyeol grinned at me so i smiled back, eagerly letting him kiss me again.

"i've wanted to do that for a year," he said.

"me, too," i agreed. i pulled away to see baekhyun, jongdae and my sister watching us and smirking but i ignored them and kissed chanyeol again, never wanting the moment to end.

this was based loosely off something that happened to me when i went back to england with a cute guy (the bit up until the stuff that happens the second time they're there) and im going back this december and ill be there this new year's eve and god i wanna kiss that boy lmaoooo

i hope you guys enjoyed this, and...

45 MORE READS UNTIL WE HIT 300K! i'm so thankful that you have all given me a chance and i know i've been really flaky with updating recently but you know how it is when you just lose motivation. i've done almost 200 imagines and it's hard to find storylines anymore. i hope none of you hate me for not updating much and i hope you stay with me until wattpad won't let me write any more parts. i love you all, and thank you so much!