bonding

this is in chanyeol's point of view. the baby above (chanyeol) is what the baby looks like.

(y/n) left for work in the morning and the second she was gone, our son mingyu starting crying from his room. i rushed in as fast as i could and picked him up from his crib, smiling at him.

(yes the baby's name is mingyu like from seventeen. i love mingyu)

"hi buddy." i whispered, bouncing him gently in my arms. i took him into the kitchen and grabbed the bottle (y/n) left for us, feeding him. i watched him as he ate, not being able to stop the smile on my face. he's the cutest baby.

when he was done, i burped him and changed his diaper before making me way over to the couch and sitting down, lying mingyu on my lap. he stared up at me with his big eyes for a few seconds then broke out into a smile.

"you're so cute." i whispered. i took his hands in mine and brought them up to my lips, pretending to eat them as he giggled.

"who's daddy's beautiful boy? you are, yes you are..."

i lifted him up above me and brought him down, kissing his cheeks. i stood him up on my legs and his hands immediately gripped onto my hair.

"ow, baby you're hurting daddy." i whimpered, taking his hands out of my hair.

"dada." he squealed. my eyes widened and a smile broke across my face.

"that's right!" i said. "good job!"

i got my phone out quickly and called (y/n).

"hey." she said when she answered.
"babe, mingyu said dada. he spoke!" i said.
"no way! put me on speaker and see if he does it again!" she said excitedly.

i put her on speaker and sat mingyu back down on my legs.

"mingyu, baby, can you repeat what you said before for mommy? do you remember what it was?" i asked. he stared at me blankly for a second before saying it again.

"you did it, i'm so proud." i kissed his forehead and grinned when (y/n) cheered.

"that's so cute! i can't wait to come home now." she said.
"get through your day first, then we'll do something to celebrate." i said.
"sounds good. i should go, i'll see you later. i love you." she said.
"i love you, too."

she hung up so i put my phone down and turned my attention back to mingyu.

"shall we go and see uncle baekhyun?" i asked. mingyu squealed so i took that as a yes and grabbed our things to go.

when we got to baekhyun's house, i set mingyu down and he crawled over to taehyung, baekhyun's son.

"what's with the sudden visit?" baekhyun asked as he hugged me.

"i just wanted to see my favourite person." i said.

"you're such a flirt, yeol." he said, laughing. we sat down on his couch and watched as our boys played together.

"gyu said his first word today." i said.

"really? that's awesome!" baekhyun said. "what was it?"

"dada." i replied.

"cute. that was tae's too." he said. "how did we get so lucky to have such beautiful boys?"

"i have no idea. we are really lucky. i'm glad i had mingyu." i said.

"i feel you. it's sad that we had to take a break from exo though, i'm excited to go back." baekhyun said.

"so am i." i agreed. we both smiled and continued to watch our kids. life is good.

so this wasn't romancey, obviously (other than the chanbaek 😏) but i really like it and i think it's cute. hope you enjoyed it :)