picnic

i woke up when i felt a heavy weight climb on top of me and start gently shaking my head.

"wakey wakey," the lump sang, leaning down to kiss me. i opened my eyes, chuckling when i saw my husband chanyeol staring down at me.

"what do you want?" i asked.

"let's go on a picnic," he said.

"really? a picnic?" i said. "chanyeol, we're 30."

"and?"

"and that's something teenagers or people with kids do."

"well we're taking toben so he can be our kid for the day."

i opened my mouth to protest again but he stopped me by leaning down and attaching our lips. i melted into the kiss immediately and when he pulled away, i sighed.

"fine, let's go," i said. he grinned and kissed me again before climbing off me and jumping around enthusiastically.

"okay! get dressed and i'll make the food!" he said. "this is so exciting, i haven't been on a picnic in forever!"

he left the room, mumbling about how excited he was, leaving me shaking my head after him.

"what a child," i mumbled.

i quickly showered and got ready then joined chanyeol downstairs in the kitchen.

"are you ready?" he asked when he saw me. i nodded so he handed me the picnic basket while he put toben's leash on him.

"let's go!" he cheered.

when we arrived at the park, chanyeol found a spot in the sun and set down the blankets he'd brought. we sat down and i opened the basket, chuckling at what was inside.

"chocolate covered strawberries and candy," i said. "chanyeol, it's 10am."

"never too early for candy," he said. he took out the strawberries and held one out to me. "here."

i took a bite of it and smiled. "delicious." he grinned and finished the rest.

"wow, i'm a good cook," he said.

"you didn't-"

"shh, just enjoy."

he shoved a strawberry in my mouth and smiled cheekily at me. i ate the fruit before glaring at him.

"you suck," i said.

"nah, that's your job," he replied. i gasped and slapped his arm.

"chanyeol!" i said. he winked then focused his attention on toben who was sniffing around the bottom of the basket.

"do you smell something, bud?" he asked. he reached into the basket and brought out a bone chew then handed it to toben.

"no wonder the food smells meaty," i said.

"i couldn't not bring something for our kid," he said.

"what a good fake father you are." he nodded then scooted closer and wrapped his arm around me.

"it's such a nice day to be having a picnic," he said.

"i agree, even though i think a picnic is pretty childish," i said.

"i disagree. i think it's romantic. being in a park with your loved one and eating food you've prepared yourself is a really nice way to spend the day."

i looked at him and smiled at his cheesy words.

"you're gross and i hate you," i said.

"i love you, too," he said. he leaned in and kissed me, rubbing my shoulder with his thumb.

"thank you for agreeing to come on the picnic with me," he said. "i know i can be annoying and childish and i'm grateful that you put up with me."

"you're annoying and childish but that's why i love you," i said. "i wouldn't have it any other way."

he grinned and kissed me again before toben's leash was ripped out of his grip and the dog was running across the park. chanyeol jumped up and ran after him, calling out his name frantically while i sat back and laughed. i'm glad we did this.

this idea came from my fave Ella_264 because i was out of ideas so thanks to her she's the best :) hope you like it even though i don't lol