christmas

i woke up on christmas morning to kisses being placed on both of my cheeks. when i opened my eyes, i grinned seeing my husband chanyeol and our son jonghoon smiling down at me.

"mommy, it's christmas!" jonghoon said.

"it is?" i said, playing along.

"it is, mommy! and santa came!" he said. "look, come and see!"

he took my hand then pulled me out of bed and dragged me down the stairs. i sat down on the couch and chanyeol joined me shortly after with our 2 month old daughter in his arms. i planted a quick kiss on his lips then turned my attention to jonghoon who was ripping into his presents.

once everything was opened, chanyeol and jonghoon took it on themselves to cook some breakfast while i fed soobin. i watched chanyeol scoop jonghoon up into his arms and grinned as he playfully wiped the pancake batter on his nose. nothing is better than watching my boys play around together.

after breakfast, there was even more play time. chanyeol dressed jonghoon in his winter gear, while also making sure he was properly covered, then carried our son outside and dumped him in the snow. they went on to build forts, make snow angels and have a mini snowball fight before collapsing on the ground in exhaustion. i called them in for hot chocolate, handing soobin to chanyeol then cuddled with him and jonghoon on the couch.

"this has already been an amazing christmas and it's only 12pm," i said.

"i agree," chanyeol said. "a perfect christmas with the perfect family."

i hummed in agreement and kissed him. i stroked jonghoon's head in my lap and it wasn't long before he was fast asleep. i looked at chanyeol beside me and grinned when i saw both him and soobin also sleeping. i managed to take a picture of all of us and posted it on instagram with the caption 'merry christmas from my beautiful family to yours ❤️'. i proceeded to call my family, chanyeol's family and the rest of the exo members before joining the others in sleep.

we woke up later when my phone started ringing again. i answered it and it was jongin inviting us over to him and his wife's house for their annual christmas dinner. we agreed and quickly changed into our festive gear before making our way to their house. we spent the night eating delicious food, playing with the many children present, and enjoying the company. there were so many people, with there being 9 exo members, 9 wives and at least one child per couple, but it felt like such a tight knit family that it was so much fun.

when the night was officially coming to a close, chanyeol and i left jongin's house with two sleeping children in our arms. we took them to bed as soon as we got home then cuddled in our bed together for the night.

"what was your favourite part of today?" chanyeol asked.

"mm... watching you and jong play in the snow together," i replied. "i know you don't think so but you're so good with him. he loves you so much and i'm sure that meant a lot to him."

"i hope so, i want a special bond with him, he's my only son," he said.

"trust me, he's going to grow up to be a mini you."

chanyeol grinned and leaned in to kiss me gently.

"i love you," he whispered.

"i love you, too," i replied. we kissed again then i turned the light off so we could sleep.

"merry christmas, baby," chanyeol said.

"merry christmas."

the best one of all.

hey guys, merry christmas to those of you who celebrate it! happy holidays to those who don't! i hope you all had an amazing day with your loved ones and that you got great presents. i got a shirt with chanyeol on it which i'm very happy about, and a book to start learning korean! i'm so happy.

i hope you like this update, i think it's kinda cute. have a great night everyone :)

ALSO BE PREPARED FOR THE COMEBACK TOMORROW AHHHH IM NOT READY