clingy

"alright, yeol, i'm leaving!" i called through the house.

"where are you going?" chanyeol asked, running down the stairs towards me.

"mingyu and i are hanging out." i replied.

"can i come?" he asked.

"we kind of planned for it to be just us. i'm sorry, but i'll be back in a few hours." i stood up on my toes and kissed his cheek then turned to leave but he stopped me.

"don't leave me alone." he said, showing me his best aegyo.

"you'll be fine, you're a big boy now." i said, ruffling his hair. "i'll be back at 2. we're just going to lunch to catch up because he's been so busy."

"but what if you get in trouble? i should be there to protect you." he insisted. i shook my head, smiling slightly at his lame reason.

"i won't get into trouble, i can handle myself." he pouted cutely so i put my hands on his cheeks and made him look at me.

"i will text you when i get there, and i will text you when i'm on my way home, okay? everything will be fine and i'll be back before you know it." i kissed him gently but he pulled away after a second.

"i don't get why i just can't come with you. mingyu and i get along, it would be fine." he said. i sighed, feeling a little annoyed.

"look, chanyeol, i love you, but i need some time away from you sometimes. we're always together and don't get me wrong, i love spending time with you, but i haven't seen my friends in a long time. you're a little bit clingy, babe. you're the best boyfriend ever, i'm so glad that we're together, but sometimes your need to always be with me can get a little suffocating. i just need some freedom. i'll always come back, but i just need some time to catch up with old friends." he took my hands off his cheeks and looked away, sighing.

"fine, go." he said.

"don't be sad." i said.

"i'm not, just go." he turned his back to me, making me sigh. i kissed the back of his neck before grabbing my bag and keys and leaving.

---------------------------------------------

lunch with mingyu was great, i had a great time seeing him again, but the whole time, the only thing i could think of was chanyeol. i felt so bad about how we left things, so when it was time for me to leave, i was kind of happy. i said my goodbyes to mingyu before making my way back home.

when i arrived, i opened the front door and saw chanyeol sitting on the couch, watching something on tv. he didn't look at me when i came in so i figured he was still upset. i made my way over and sat down beside him, forcing him to look at me.

"i'm sorry about how we left things earlier. i didn't mean it when i said you're clingy, you're not. you're just protective and that's what i love about you." i said. he sighed, lacing our fingers together.

"no, you were right, i am clingy. i hate being away from you for a second, i want to make sure i'm always around to look after you. i'm sorry for being like that. you do need space, and i can accept that." i smiled at him then leaned in and kissed him.

"i love you, you know." i said.

"i know, and i love you." he replied. we kissed again then i held my arms out for him.

"i wouldn't mind if you were clingy now." i said. he grinned then jumped at me, wrapping his arms around me and snuggling into my chest. i really do have the best boyfriend.

thank you guys for 500 reads! i'm glad you like these, i hope i continue to write stuff you enjoy :) i hope you liked this update and i'll see you later!