dinner double dates

chanyeol, baekhyun, his girlfriend jinhee, and i sat down at our reserved booth and took the menus from the waiter. chanyeol almost immediately linked our feet under the table and gave me his cute smile when i raised my eyebrow at him. i grinned back and turned my attention back to the food.

once everyone had chosen and ordered, the two boys started a conversation about their favourite video games, leaving me and jinhee to talk.

"have you told him yet?" she whispered.

"no," i replied. when she gave me her 'really?' look, i defended myself. "i don't know how, jinnie! we've only been together for just over a year, i don't even know if we wants this."

"he needs to know, love. we can't hide him forever."

"well how do you think i should do it?"

"i don't know... maybe buy a father's day card and give it to him."

"isn't that a bit childish?"

"i don't think so, it could be fun."

i shrugged, putting it in the back of my mind as an option. i looked back up at chanyeol and saw him watching my lips with an unreadable expression on his face. his eyes shot up to mine and softened, leading me to believe he didn't know what we'd been whispering. my eyes shifted to baekhyun who was shaking his head at me. i glared back but turned away when the food came. we thanked the waiter and instantly the boys started shoving the food down their throats.

"you're going to choke," jinhee said. baekhyun stuck is tongue out in response and continued to eat as quickly as possible. i looked at chanyeol who was doing something on his phone with his fork hanging out of his mouth and i giggled. i picked up my phone and held it in his direction.

"babe, look up," i said. as soon as he did, i snapped a picture of him. i showed it to jinhee who cooed at how cute he looked.

"hey, i'm cuter," baekhyun whined.

"sure, baby," she replied. he glared at her but broke into a smile when she grinned at him.

"baby," i heard chanyeol say. i turned to him and he was chuckling at me. "can i see the picture?"

i handed him my phone and he inspected it, nodding in approval.

"nice one," he said.

"thanks," i replied. i leaned over to take my phone back and gasped in shock when he leaned forward to connect our lips. i pulled away and hit his chest lightly.

"not in public," i whispered.

"baby, we've done much worse in public before," he said, winking. i slapped him again then returned to my food, shaking my head but laughing.

after dinner, we said goodbye to baekhyun and jinhee, promising to get together again soon, then started on the walk back to our apartment.

"so, what were you and jinhee talking about earlier?" chanyeol asked. i felt my heart drop and i sighed. i should have known this was coming.

"well, uh... i, um-" chanyeol stopped walking and turned me to him, cupping my cheeks.

"you can tell me, baby," he said.

i nodded. "so, a few months ago, i got a text from my friend saying that she had to give her new puppy up for adoption and she was wondering if i could take him. i didn't know how to say no so i agreed. i've been keeping him at baekyun and jinhee's because i didn't know how you would feel and if you were ready for such a big step in the relationship."

i looked down once i'd finished then heard chanyeol laugh.

"that's it?" he asked. i nodded, confused. "oh, thank god, you looked so worried earlier, i thought you were going to say you're pregnant or something."

i giggled and shook my head.

"no, no baby, just puppy."

"well, in that case, there's nothing to worry about. i love dogs. sure i'm allergic but i have allergy pills on me all the time and it's not severe so it should be fine."

"sure?"

"of course. let's go and pick him up tomorrow, yeah?"

i nodded and he leaned down to kiss me. we whispered our "i love you's" then continued our walk back to the apartment.

i don't know about this one but i found the picture above and it inspired me to write this so i did 😂 hope you guys liked it :)