i dont mind the baggage but thanks for asking - n.m

you and nick met awhile ago. you had a lot going on when y'all did and made it every clear you weren't looking for anything serious. until. he did the sweetest thing ever.

you had a really rough week. so you came home and you were more or less ready to go to bed asap. even though it was only 12pm. you had just got off of a 12 hour shift, filming & editing for a local television show. so the hours were lONG.

you open the door. all the lights were off but something felt off.

you flick on the switch and nick is standing there with a bouquet of roses and some of your favourite chocolates.

you look around to see your best friend and roommate iris smirking from ear to ear and you nod. you knew she let him in

you then look at nick and smiled "what's? what's this for?"
nick smiled "i remember you saying in the group chat with the boys & iris that you were having a really bad week, so i texted iris and well here we are"
you smiled "wait so you did all this? for me? just cause i was having a bad day?"
iris smiled "i gotta go get back to the house since i promised zion i'd be there at 1 but enjoy you two"

iris has been dating zion more or less since they first met face to face. they got along so fast and just kinda clicked like they already were dating. so. they made it official and that's that.

but. you and nick haven't been that smooth.

you look at nick "look i-"
nick cut you off "i know it's probably too early after what happened with flip but i just. i wanted to do something small to cheer you up."
you look at nick "this is small?"
nick nods "well yeah"

flip was your ex. everyone called him flip cause he hated his name so he's always introducing himself as flip. anyways. needless to say he really hurt you. mentally & physically. and it took so much out of you to leave him. but now that you have, things are looking up.

you sighed "flip never did something like this"
nick nods "that's because he didn't. he might not of. i love you" he stutters
you look at nick "wait. really? the l word?"
nick nods "yeah. i love you y/n"

you nod "i appreciate it, i do and i like you. it's just. it's too early."

nick grabs your hands "stay with me. we'll spend a week together. if you feel what i feel then we can be together, if not, then i'll wait for you. as long as it takes"

you then spent the week with him. blowing, movies, ice skating, go karting. it was one the best weeks you've ever had. he helped you forget about everything.