if all it is is 8 letters why is t so hard to say?- n.m

nick imagine

"i have something to tell you" nick looked at you. you know when nick opens a sentence with that it won't be good.

"me too"

you realised the last few weeks that you're not in love with him, but you're falling in love with him.

nick nods "say it on the count of 3"

"1..."

"2..."

"3."

"i love you" you said hoping to hear nick say it at the same time. but all you heard was the "i" part.

you sighed "no nevermind"

nick grabs your arm "wait"

you sighed "nick. if all it is is 8 letters.. why is it so hard to say?!"

nick sighed "i'm stuck on my ex that's why!"

you sighed "okay." you then walked out and just sat on the curb. it felt like a blur. you had no idea what just happened. well. partly.

you were expecting nick to say it back. really quick. but nothing. you got nothing.

you text your roommate amy; "i'll be back in 30. didn't go to plan"

zion sits beside you after reading your text you sent to amy "what didn't?"
you look at zion "you shouldn't be reading over my shoulder."
zion nods "yeah you're right. but what's wrong?"
you sighed "it's nothing okay. leave it."

you had the chance to just get in the car and drive. but you couldn't. you couldn't leave without sorting it out with nick. you just couldn't. & that might just be a good thing...

you look at zion "i told nick i love him & he didn't say anything until i asked him why he didn't say it back.. he's still stuck on his ex."
zion looks at you "y/n. it's nick. out of all of us, he's the one that needs a little bit time with that. yeah?"
you nod "i know i just. it felt like a good time. looks like i was wrong. again."
zion smiled "i know nick. he does love you. he's your best friend."
you nod "yeah i know. that's what makes it harder."
zion smiled "i'm shit at these kind of talks y/n. but. i can promise you, he does love you"
you shrug "maybe."
zion smiled "go talk to him!"
you nod and walked back to nick's room.

you stood in the door way. you sighed "i'm sorry..."

nick smiled "no i'm sorry. i do love you. more than i should. that's. that's why i couldn't even say it. i knew i love you. i knew it. since day one."
you look at nick "the whole stick on ex thing?"
nick smiled shaking his head "i'm not. i just had no idea what to say. y/n. i love you. so much. more than i should."
you smiled as you both met in the middle of the room "i love you too"

nick then leaned in and kissed you.

you smiled.

nick smiled "now that's magic"

you giggle "weirdo" as you shove nick playfully

you spent the rest of the night just listening to music, dancing & goofing around with nick. eating junk food. yeah, the night started off rough but you couldn't of been happier.