just wanna be closer, as the night gets colder - a.p

it's a cold summers night, you're at a house party with the boys. it's an LA summer which isn't that bad but for you, you feel the cold really easy, even if it is summer, like the nights you're still cold. you are best friends with all the boys, you and zion are extremely close. he's such a smart ass but you love his honesty. you & austin though? well. that's something.

you and austin didn't exactly get off on the right foot.

it's LA, so the summers are warm but the night was freezing. well at least this night.

for some reason, something was drawing you to austin. but you kept moving away from him, so you didn't draw yourself to him. let's just say. that didn't work.

brandon looks at austin "everything okay?"
austin nods "yeah. i'm just. i'm drawn to y/n. which isn't exactly normal"
brandon smiled "maybe tonight just had y'all realising you like each other?"
austin shrugs "bro i have no idea. she keeps avoiding me which is what we normally do but then we both end up near each other?"
zion smirks "F A T E" he spells out

you then decide to bite the bullet and just stop avoiding austin and just see where it goes. you both find yourselves near each other, looking back and forth, it was like nothing other. especially for y'all.

then. austin approach's "i know you get cold quick and i didn't see you with a jacket so here. you can wear mine"
you look at austin confused
he sighed and sit down beside you "i know i know. i don't know what's going on here either. normally we can't stand each other and now it's like we can't be within 20 feet apart from each other"
you nod "i know. i mean it's like. kinda fate?"
austin nods "yeah that's what zion said"
you nod and smiled "did he spell it out to you too?"
austin nods "yep! slowly too. which is just his style"
you both laugh at the same time.

you can't wrap around what's going on. but. you stick to it. you both spent most of the night together.
then austin looks at you "just wanna be closer.."
you nod "as the night gets colder"
austin nods. it was an odd way of saying it. but you finished his sentence. you both spent the night cuddling. odd. still. but. you enjoyed it.

austin itches his head "maybe i was wrong about you. about this. about us. about everything"
you nod "yeah i know. me too. this is the most fun i've had in awhile"
austin nods "me too... maybe another date?"
you nod "wait. this was a date?"
austin nods "i mean yeah"
you nod "okay. just to see if whole out if the blue connection thing isn't a one off"
austin nods "agreed. pick you up at 8" he kisses you cheek the walks back inside for the next day to begin when you headed home. it was an odd 24 hours but good too. you could actually see yourself with him. which, you never thought was possible but you're really not mad about it now.