i have loved you since we were 18 - a.p

you and austin have known each other since you were 14. you're both now 20, so it's been awhile to say the least. you've always been close but a lot closer than you obviously realised...

"i have loved you since we were 18" austin looks at you
you look at austin "aust. we're 20"
austin nods "yes. i know. i've loved you for two years."
you look at austin "we've been friends since we were like 14 aust"
austin nods "and i noticed i liked liked you at 16. then loved you at 18."
you smiled "austin.. where's this coming from?"

the thing about this was you had just been broken up with by your now ex. he was well. he wasn't treating you right at all, so he did a lot leaving you. although, that didn't make it easier.

austin sighed looking at you upset "he treated you so shit y/n!"
you nod "i know! but that doesn't mean i don't love him.."
austin sighed "you just."
you sighed "what austin?!"
austin sighed as he slightly shouted "you deserve the fucking world y/n! someone who knows you. knows what you love. what you hate. what pisses you off. what makes you smile. what. you just. you deserve someone who puts in as much effect as you do.."
you sighed "austin i-"
austin cut you off "i've grown up with you the last 6 years. i know what you deserve... even if you don't."

you nod "okay fine. i appreciate you. i love you. i love how protective you are. but i just. i'm not ready for nothing else now."
austin nods "i get that."

after about six months you and austin were now offical. he helped you through every bump in the road you had after recovering from the break up, which made you fall for him more. it shouldn't of. but it did. and you weren't exactly mad about it..