its stupid i know but i love you! - n.m

"it's stupid i know! but i love you." nick shouts at you from front yard of your house. but. you didn't want your dad hearing him. "shhhhh" you kept telling him but he didn't budge. so. you ran downstairs.

you and nick haven't seen the best of days, let's just say that. your dad doesn't approve of him because when you were younger you got into a wreck at the playoffs and well it causes him to freak out and blame nick for everything..

you run down to nick "shhhhh"
nick shakes his head "no!"
you look at nick "my dad!" you whispered slightly louder to make a point
nick sighed "i know it's stupid but i can't help it okay!"
you sighed "my dad nearly killed you nick. he could of hurt you. i ain't letting that happen again."
nick smiled "baby! we were 11."
you sighed "i'm the only thing he's got nick! i can't take that off him. just for you."
nick grabs your arm as you walk away "stop. you know you love me. i know you do. i know we do. just."
you sighed "if i wasn't there he would of bet you nick. hell he had you in a headlock!"
nick nods "yeah and he's touched you how many times since then?!"
you sighed "nick! he's my dad. he may hurt me, but he's still my dad"
nick sighed "he abuses you y/n. that's not something light"

your dad scott scoffed "aye really son? who told ya that?"
nick smiled "she didn't exactly deny it tho"
you look at nick "stop" you mouth
"nah if i wanna say something i'm gonna! you can't just abuse your daughter and keep getting away with it for what 7-8 years? i get it. she's all you have. but abuse isn't the way to keep her!" nick snapped
scott looked at nick "then how son?"
nick smiled "let her live me and the boys."
scott scoffed "hell nah. boy you really dreaming on that aye. i ain't letting you live with her. never."
nick smiled "actually i think you will. because if you don't. we'll take you in. tell the police every single detail."
you look at nick "don't"
scott made a fist and pushed nick up to the wall "if you think you know what's best for my daughter then by all means! but if you hurt you you have another thing coming!" he punched him directly in the stomach
you look at your dad "he's right. i'm over this. i haven't been able to see him without sneaking out cause i was scared. but nah. i can't live like that anymore. bye dad" you rush to pack your things and nick takes your hand
"she'll be back tomorrow for the rest of her things. have a nice life" nick waves

it just hit you that you just cut off all connections with your abusive dad.. as good as it felt, it hurt to let go of what was last of your family.

nick smiled "were you're family now baby. we ain't going nowhere"
you nod "i love you"

you move into the boys' place and things are going the best they've been ever since your mom & older brother passed about 11 years back. turns out. nick was your angel.