late night carnival adventures - n.m

you and nick have always loved adventuring. especially at night. you had no idea why, but, you both loved it a whole lot more when it was at night.

you saw a carnival was happening about a 15 minute drive away from the boys' place down at the beach. which, was the perfect opportunity.

the boys were sleeping when you decided to sneak into nick's room and ask your best friend to go to the carnival. it had been a long time since y'all went on one of these adventures.

you sneak into nick's room "niccckkkk" you whispered
nick growned "y/n it's 2am"
you nod "i know and it's the first time in a long time everyone is asleep at this time and there's a carnival at the beach. perfect timing. it's fate"
nick nods "i'll meet you outside in 15!"

you nod and get ready to wait for nick. it was a nice warm summer day so it didn't make it hard going out at 2am.

once you both got to the carnival you look at nick and he's watching you the whole time.
you smiled "what?"
nick smiled softly "idk. i've just missed these adventures"
you smiled "yeah me too"

you both spend a good two hours walking around and playing some games and doing a few rides. you noticed the sun was due to rise soon so, you suggested a farris wheel ride so you could watch it rise. the person in control of the ride stopped it at the top since no one else was around.

you smiled softly looking at nick then taking a selfie together; to add to the wall of adventure memories;

nick smiled "i like you"
you smiled "i like you too goof. that's why you're my best friend"
nick shakes his head "no more than that"
you look at nick "you got good jokes mara"
nick shakes his head again "no. i mean it. i really really like you y/n"
you look at nick "you h-"
before you could stop nick kissed you. as he pulled away "you were asking too many questions. does that answer it?"
you nod "yes. and i like like you too"

you both smiled and sat watching the sunrise over the beach together. it definitely went down in history as your favourite late night adventure. by far