we fight a lot but. i love you. - z.k (part one)

ever since you met the boys at the dance studio a year ago, you've been pretty close with them. you moved out to LA for dance. so to meet them through it just made you feel like you were good enough.

but. you & zion we're always. always bumping heads.
it's just been something that y'all done since day one. although, to be fair, you kinda stayed away from zion. he always seemed different to you compared to the others, but you weren't completely sure why.

then. one summer. you found out why.

you had fallen asleep on the boys sofa, it wasn't intentional but, you had had a long week at work and after partying with them the night before, it just happened.

the boys let you sleep. all. expect. zion.

"y/n!! wake! up!" zion shouted as he tried to shake you to wake you up
you growled "i swear if you don't let go of me i'll smack you"
zion backed away with his hands up "noted"
brandon smiled "roadtrip?"
you wipe your eyes "b. it's 4am. couldn't you maybe wake me up when it's ya know after sunrise?"
edwin smiled "in my defence, austin and i wanted to let you sleep"
you nod "fine. where we going for the trip?"
nick smiled "blackbear! we're snowboarding!"
you nod "oo okay! love that. can i go shower first?"
nick nods "yup i'll take you back to yours to get your things when the others get ready and we'll meet back here then we can go!"

after your shower, you & nick head back to your apartment so you could pack. but. you were getting an odd vibe. from zion. more odd than normal.

you look at nick "ah. what. what happened last night? like after 8?"
nick smiled "a lot actually. don't you remember?"
you shake your head "not at all"
nick smiled "well, brandon went to bed early to write and shit, austin fell asleep on the hammock, edwin was with his girl and cooking food, i was dancing most if not all the time and you and zion were-"
you cut him off "we. we're..?!"
nick nods "yeah. y'all got close. but you both seemed happy so we let you be"
you sighed "fuck nick! you gotta get in between that next time!"
you sighed again "no. i'm sorry i didn't mean to turn that on you"
nick smiled "aye it's all good. z doesn't even remember it either"
you look at nick "you sure?"
nick nods "150%•

you grab everything and start to hit the road with the boys. about 2 hours in,
zion looks up at you but not in the normal zion way, kinda like in the edwin looks at his girl way?
you look at zion and mouth "what?"
zion smiled softly. you had no idea what was happening.

the boys pulled over to get some snacks for the road leaving you and z alone.

zion hopped over beside you "last night was fun. i've never seen that side of you" he smiled
you sighed "and you won't again. you didn't even mean to the first time."
zion looks at you confused
you sighed "just. drop it okay. we can be friends. not hate each other's guts. but this. this needs to stop."
zion held your hand "why tho? we both like it. don't we?"
you sighed "z. idk what i like okay. just."
zion sighed "i can't. i can't have that okay!! we fight a lot but. i love you."

you walked into the store and brought your snacks and sat as far from zion as you could on the way back. edwin & his girl we're up the front.

nick looks at you "y'all spoke?"
you sighed "mhm"