this what happens when i think about you.. i get in my feelings. - z.k

you and zion ended on a fight after two years of being together. it definitely wasn't what you wanted to happen before he left for the summer for tour..

LA's show comes about. you go. although he's not your man, you like being there to support him. until... he spots you as the boys are saying goodbye after performing.

you see him make contact with you. you being you. you freak out. and take off.
zion sees you and catches up. grabs onto your arm "y/n... please."
you sighed "what! what do you want? you threw me away like i was more or less trash caleb!"
zion sighed "i just. i just." he stutters
you sighed "what?! you just what?!"
zion sighed as he started singing "exchange by bryson tiller" "this what happens when i think bout you. i get in my feelings yeah. i start reminiscing yeah. next time around girl i want it to be different yeah. waiting on a sign guess its time for a prayer... lord please save her for me..."
you look zion "what do you mean?"
zion sighed "i had to change my player ways, got way to complicated for me... i hope she's waiting for me" he continues
you sighed "bryson tiller lyrics? really?!"
zion sighed "y/n! i mean it! okay. i fucked up. i get it. but. i can't. i can't lose you. not like that. i haven't slept because i can't help but think of how i fucked up. i passed out at rehearsals yesterday cause i was dehydrated & lacked sleep. please.. one more shot."
you sighed "why?! you'll be out of town again in the next 48 hours. why. and what's saying you won't do that shit again. z. i just. i don't know if i can trust you. you cheated on me. at a house party. ONE I WAS AT. i don't. i don't know"
zion takes your hand "i won't. i can assure you i won't. the boys can watch over me the whole time if that'll make you feel better. you have my word"
you shrug "i just don't know"

you keep walking. zion ran out in front of you "here."
he hands you a box "zion..." you look at him. you had no idea what he was playin at.
zion smiled "i was meant to give this to you before." he sighed "before i made the biggest mistake of my life."
you look at zion "it's a ring?"
zion smiled "it's a promise ring. i know it's just a band of sliver but we both have one. this is my promise to you; i won't hurt you. i won't leave you. i won't shut you out. i'll do everything in my power to keep you happy because you deserve nothing less"

as much as you wanted to be mad at zion, you just couldn't. he proved to you he was serious. gestures like that really aren't zion's thing. yes, brandon, edwin, nick and maybe austin's thing. but sure as hell not zion's thing. so you knew he was serious. from that day forward you and zion haven't caught once. guess we can say, he keeps his promises.