taught you how to be brave, then you had to go and throw it in my face - a.p

you and austin are extremely close, intact you know he likes you. but, you're so confused you don't even know what's going through your head.

in fact.

the boys' were throwing a party for austin's birthday. and you went along as his plus one. until.

austin was talking with the boys whilst you were talking to some random guy, alex.

before you knew it, you kissed. who knows why or how it happened, in fact it all was a blur.

but. you knew it wasn't right. you knew you regretted it as soon as it happened. why? purely cause austin was watching...

he saw you pull away after kiss alex and scoffed and took off.

you ran after him "aust!"
austin pulled you into his room, so you could argue without having what felt like a million people watching
"what the fuck was that!?" austin looked at you. you could tell he was hurt
you sighed "aust. i don't. i don't know"
austin sighed "not only on my birthday but come on!"
you sighed "i know i'm-"
austin sighed "don't say sorry. you knew exactly what you were doing! it's like you totally forgot what happened between us" he flopped onto the bed
you sighed "i didn't. i didn't mean it. i never forgot what happened between us"
austin sighed "yeah? then what was it?"
you sighed
before you could speak austin jumps in "taught you how to love, taught you how to be brave, then you had to go and throw it in my face!"
you sighed "i know. i just. my heads a mess okay..."
austin sighed "and you expect me to be okay with that?!"
you sighed "no no i don't! i just."

you sighed and ran off downstairs to sit on the driveway. hoping it would help clear your head.

nick then sat beside you "you're not with aust? did something happen?"
you nod "yup. i fucked up."

nick looks at you "y/n. you're one of the best people the boys & i know. it can't be THAT bad"
you sighed "i kissed that guy alex. and austin saw and he freaked out."
nick smiled "cause he likes you y/n"
you sighed "i know but he's not. is he the jealous type?"
nick smiled "i think you needa ask yourself that too. if it was him kissing someone else.. how would you react?"
you sighed "the same. the exact same."
nick nods "there you go. go make this right with your guy"

you nod and look at nick and shove his shoulder as you walk past "i hate when you're right you know"
nick nods "goodluck!"

you walk back inside and upstairs and austin was still sitting on the bed.

you walk in.

"i know. i know i would of reacted the exact same if it was you kissing someone else. i know. i know that i like you too. but it took something so dumb as this & nick in my ear to see it" you sighed

austin pulled you over to the bed so you were standing in front of him "it's okay. forget it."
you sighed "i can't!! i hurt you. i can't forget that."
austin kissed you "can you forget it now?"

you nod "yup. all gotten"

austin nods "good"

you then both lay down talking about everything and more for the rest of the night. you never thought the night would end on as much of a good note that it did. but you weren't mad at it either