"YO BARI! WHO THAT AT THE DOE?" I knew that voice was Yams. 

"Some nigga here named Rashad or some shit like that," said who I now know as Bari. 

"Nigga, it's Rakim. Get that shit right," I said to him.

His lip curled up out of anger. Before he could respond Yams came to his side making Bari move over. He looked at me and a smile formed on his face. "Wassup, Rakim?" he asked giving me dap. "Come on in. Follow me." He walked back in and Bari looked me up and down before moving away from the door. I wonder what the hell his problem is, but I'm not gonna sweat it though.

I followed Yams upstairs to what looked like the recording studio. It was set up pretty cool. They had the sound equipment and the sound booth in here and the couches. Along with that was a whole bunch of other niggas and bitches in here drinking and laughing. 

"My bad about Bari, man. He can be a bitch at times but he cool once you get to know him," Yams said knocking me out of  my thoughts. 

"Man, I hope so. I was getting ready to knock the nigga out," I said making Yams laugh. 

"Nah, no need for that. Come on sit down." He sat down in front of the soundboard and me taking the seat across from him. 

"Ayo, Yams who this be?" shouted one of the guys sitting on the couch. He was sipping his drink as bitches were rubbing all over him. He was a high yellow nigga like Yams, and his hair was light brown and styled in dreads. 

"Illz, meet Rakim. I'm thinking about adding him to Worldwide. Rakim, this is A$AP Illz," said Yams. 

A$AP Illz stood up with his drink still in his hand and gave me dap. "Oh shit this him. Wassup lil homie?"

"Nothing, man. Just checkin' y'all out," I said sounding cool. 

"Aight, aight. Yo Yams, you gon' add him to the Mob?" Illz asked Yams. 

"Nigga, will you chill? You haven't even heard him yet. Tell everybody to get out, man," Yams said. 

Soon Illz was telling everybody to clear out the room. When that happened it was just me and them. And pretty soon Bari came in. "Yo, where everybody goin?" he came in asking. 

"They leavin'," said Yams. "We got business to conduct here. And this involves you too so bring your ass in here." 

Bari sucked his teeth. "Man, y'all trippin." He came in the room and sat down on the couch across from where Yams and I were sitting. "So what the nigga gon' do?"

"Hold on, Bari, damn," said Illz. Bari really need to chill his ass. I'm serious one of these days, I might be the one to knock his ass out forreal. 

"Rakim," started Yams. "as you already know, this is A$AP Illz, " he said pointing to Illz, "and A$AP Bari," he said pointing to him too. "Now, I already know what you can do, but I'm going to see what these other two think. All you're going to do is just get in the recording booth and freestyle. No pressure at all." 

I had no problem with freestyling at all. When I was younger, Cameron and I would be in the living room and he'd make a beat on the table. He'd tell me to start rapping whatever came to mind and that's what I was going to do here. 

"Aight, you got it," I said. I got up from the chair and went into the recording booth. 

"Wait, you don't need time to get shit together?" Illz asked. 

"Naw, man I'm good. Let's get this done," I said back. Illz shrugged his shoulders and started to get the beat ready. 

Standing in front, of the mic, I put the headphones on over my ears, if that's what I supposed to do. I look out and Yams, Illz, and Bari waiting to start. Yams gave me thumbs up telling me he was getting ready to start the beat. I cracked a smile and waited for the beat to start. When it did, I came right in on the beat and it didn't sound right at all.