Chapter 96

A/N:  Here is another chapter and the games are beginning.  I hope you enjoy it.

On a side note, I know you don't want to hear it but as soon as I'm done with the wedding and the battle with Mr. Nasty this book will end.  It doesn't mean that the story ends but just this book.  I have more to write on this storyline but it will be in book 2.  So don't worry that the story is ending.  Just this book.  I can't say exactly how many chapters it will be to get to the end of this book because I'm still writing them.  The storyline is all in my head but I just haven't gotten it typed out into a document yet.  As you can tell from the previous chapters, I take my own pace and I try not to rush things.  

I also want to let you know that I have another idea for another story, thanks to a comment from a reader.  I was asked a question about this story and after answering the question, I had an idea pop into my head about another story.  I have a few concepts to figure out and then I can start on that story, of course, after I finish one of my other stories.  I hope to see all of you at the end of this book.  Love you guys.  

Mr. Bill Elliott (a.k.a Dr. Robert Hall) POV

I've got everything that I need and some work that needs to be done while I'm in Thailand. Now, I'm just missing one thing. I yell up the stairs, "BABY GIRL, COME ON OR WE WILL MISS OUR PLANE!!!!"

Mandy's bags are in the vehicle already, so I don't understand what in the world is keeping her from coming down.

Mandy comes hopping to the top of the stairs and proceeds to hop all the way down the stairs. Her face is glowing, and she is beaming happiness everywhere. Sometimes, I really have to remind myself that she is actually 19 instead of a 5 year old. I shake my head at her silliness and as she goes by, I turn and we head out the door.

***

"Daddy, can you take me to the hospital and show me around? Maybe Phana is there right now. If so, maybe I can get to talk to him. Can we daddy?" Mandy begs and pouts hoping to get me to agree.

What she doesn't know is that I have already gotten one of the board members to agree to talk with me today so I have already arranged for our bags to be taken to our hotel and put in our rooms, but we will be going to the hospital first. If I'm correct, the practicum students are still there, and we should be able to run into them. However, I don't want her to know until we get there. "I don't know. We really should go to the hotel first and get checked in before we venture out and about."

Mandy bounces in her seat and begs, "Daddy, please. I really want to meet him in person. I want to see if he is really that good looking. I must know. Dadddy, please."

I continue to tell her no and she doesn't pay attention to where we are going. As the vehicle pulls up to the hospital, Mandy is still trying to convince me to go to the hospital first. The car stops, and the driver announces, "Sir, we are here."

I look at Mandy and I have to chuckle to myself since she still hasn't noticed that we stopped in front of a hospital and not a hotel. I cup her hands in mine and chimes, "We are here. Let's get out."

As if Mandy was doing something that she hated, she gives a big sigh and huffs, "I guess."

I try to hide my smile but once, I'm out of the car, I can't hold it back any longer and it spills out onto my face. I do manage to hold my laughter in as I continue to watch Mandy who is still pouting and thinking that she is in front of the hotel.

As a rushing ambulance grabs her attention, she whips her head up to an ER entrance and she instantly realizes that she is indeed at the hospital instead of the hotel. She immediately jumps at me and wraps me in a big hug while screaming, "Thank you, daddy! Thanks! Daddy you're the best!"