Chapter 66

A/N:  Here is another chapter.  I hope you enjoy.

Kit POV

I am so nervous. I'm hoping that Ming does good in the competition but I'm even more nervous to meet his dad. His dad is coming with Yo's dad to watch Ming's competition and I can't settle down. I'm so nervous that I almost forgot to buy the roses for Ming for the popularity contest. If it wasn't for Wayo buying my roses when he went to get some for himself, I wouldn't have had anything to give Ming. Well, I think Wayo went a little overboard. I think he got the biggest bouquet they had for me to give to Ming but I'm not complaining.

We are waiting for the contestants to come back onto the stage for the announcements of the winners when Yo pokes my arm. "Hey, be careful P'Yo, that kind of hurt." I gently rub my arm.

Yo gives me a look of 'really, you got to be kidding me' and then shrugs it off. "N'Kit, do you see that man over there with the dark blue suit on?" Yo points across the room and I can clearly see the handsome middle-aged man in the dark blue suit standing next to another handsome middle-aged man in a cream-colored suit. I nod my head yes, ask, "Why?"

Before Yo can say anything, Forth blurts out, "That's Ming's dad."

What? That is Ming's dad. The person that I'm going to casually meet and explain that I'm Ming's boyfriend. I instantly panic and I think my life is over. What am I going to do? Will he like me? Will he try to split us up? What will he do?

Yo begins to gently rub my arm as I almost hyperventilate at the prospect of meeting my future father-in-law. In hushed tones and in a very calm voice, Yo sooths, "Now, you see the man standing next to him in a cream-colored suit?"

I nod my head yes. I'm afraid that if I open my mouth, I may not be able to speak properly as my fear starts to consume my body.

"Well, that is my dad and I asked him to help if Ming's dad has any issues. So, don't worry. You have plenty of people helping you." Yo continues to rub my arm trying to calm my nerves which doesn't help. However, as soon as he mentions that he has asked his dad to help me, my nerves start to settle a little. They still aren't completely calmed down but at least I don't have the urge to throw-up anymore.

I want to do so much more but at the moment all I can to do is hug Yo and say, "Thank you."

Yo smiles at me and the MC comes back onto the stage to begin the final phase of the program, which is the announcement of the winners. Yo and I turn back towards the stage, I decide that I need to focus on Ming instead of what his dad may say. I cross my fingers hoping that Ming will do well.

***

Well, Ming did really well. He managed to win both the popular vote and the campus moon title. I'm so proud of him and like his normal childish self, he comes running to me hopping around and hugging me. He keeps chanting, "I did it, P'KitKat. I won the campus moon for you, P'." Sometimes, I wonder why I love this guy so much. As I'm chuckling at his childish behavior, Ming bounces over to me and hugs me as I'm smiling like fool.

I forget about what is going on around us and I can only see Ming. I whisper, "Regardless if you won or not, you are still my moon and I love you."

Ming stops bouncing and whispers, "I love you too, P'KitKat."

I can't hold back my emotions when Ming is being this cute and with one hand, I swiftly reach up to the back of Ming's neck and pull his head down to me. Ming smiles and he tightens his arms around me. I quickly engulf his lips with my mouth and I begin kissing him. Oh, how I could kiss him all day. Ming instantly responds and begins to deepen our kiss. My one hand weaves through Ming's hair while my other hand begins to roam across his back.

Our bliss is suddenly interrupted with someone tapping on our shoulders and several people coughing. Ming and I slowly separate from our kiss and I'm about to scold which ever friend or friends had the audacity to break our kiss when I come face-to-face with Ming's dad. He doesn't look very happy. This isn't how it is supposed to go. We weren't supposed to get caught kissing in front of his dad. Now, how am I going to fix this?

I immediately let go of Ming and I try to step back but Ming won't let go of me. He whispers, "It will be all right."

My nerves are getting the best of me and I suddenly have the urge to throw-up but fight the feeling and focus on the man in front of me, who is now looking very stern. Ming's dad is looking between me and Ming and he is focusing on Ming's hand around my waist. He slowly raises one eyebrow and slightly tilts his head with his arms crossed over his chest. "Are you forgetting to tell me something?"

I gulp and look at Ming. Please tell me that you have this all figured out and that you know exactly what to do.

Ming tightens his hold of me and takes a deep breath. "Dad, I would like to introduce to you my boyfriend, Kit." Ming turns his head towards me and gives me a gentle smile. "P'KitKat, this is my dad."

Now what do I do? Oh yeah, I need to greet him, but Ming still won't let me go. I whisper to Ming, "You need to let me go now. I need to properly greet your father." I slowly put my hands on his arms and gently try tonpush his arms off me.

Ming immediately pouts and in a childish voice says, "Don't want to."

I pat his arm and gently say, "I need to do the proper greetings to both fathers and then, I guess, I will let you hold me again."

Ming looks at me with a sad pouty face. "Do you mean it? I can hold you in front of everyone then."

He knows that I can't say no to his cute and adorable pouts. I smile and say, "Yes."

Ming's sad pouty face is immediately replaced with a big beaming smile and he takes his hands off me. I just can't help but to chuckle at his antics, but I must face the bigger issue. The fact that his dad is standing in front of us. I turn to face him, and I see that Yo's dad is standing next to him now. I clear my throat and say, "Hello, sirs. My name is Kit and I'm Ming's boyfriend. It is an honor and a privilege to meet you, sirs." I instinctively hold my breath and I'm hoping everything will work out just fine. Please, let him be fine with my relationship with Ming. Please, support us.

Ming's dad frowns. "Son, why are you introducing me to your boyfriend? You are just going to date him for a couple of weeks and then toss him to the side for your next big fling. You have never introduced any of your previous girlfriends to me, so why now. Is it because he is a guy instead of a girl? Son, you should wait to introduce your significant other to me when you are ready to settle down and not before then. Okay." Ming's dad then slowly turns his focus to me. "So, what field are you studying?"

Ming is livid and immediately blurts out, "I am serious and P'Kit is the one, dad. I plan on marrying him some day, even if you and mom don't approve. I'm not going to lose him. Give us a chance, damn it."

I'm shocked. I can't believe that Ming just talked to his dad that way. He shouldn't have talked back like that. I quickly put my hand on his shoulder and plea, "N'Ming, please calm down. We will work this out, but you have to remain calm."

Ming whips his head towards me and shouts, "He is telling me that I'm not serious and that I don't love you. I'm not just going to let anyone tell me that I don't love you. I can shout it from the rooftops if you would let me that I love you, P'KitKat. I'm not going to leave you and I won't let you leave me. Everyone needs to learn to just accept it."

I think that I just fell deeper in love with Ming. He is declaring his undying devotion to me in front of everyone and in front of his dad. A strong wave of warmth engulfs my body and my body reactions almost on its own when I suddenly hug Ming and quickly kiss him. I whisper, "I'm not going to leave, and I won't let you leave me either. I love you with all of my heart."

Yo's dad steps forward and taps our shoulders. "Before you start behaving like my son, I'm going to stop you right there. By the way, I can tell that you are serious and love each other. Let's go out and celebrate Ming's big win. I'm buying. Okay?"

Everyone cheers in agreement and we head out to a local bar to celebrate.

I look back at Ming's dad and he is still frowning. Oh, this isn't going as I had planned or evenhow I had hoped for, but I will work to get Ming's dad to accept ourrelationship.