Chapter 9

Wayo POV

I have made it through the next several days and I have managed to avoid Pha. I am feeling proud of myself.

Our classes are done for the day and Shane and I were walking through campus. I need to go to the library to get some material for a research project and I still can't be left alone. Or at least, Shane doesn't think I can (ARGGGHHHHH!!!!). Suddenly, we hear some commotion coming from in between some buildings. Shane and I look at each other and start running in the direction of the noise. When we get there, we can see Forth, Park, Lam, Ming and some other Engineering students fighting with some other people. I don't believe that they go to this university. The uniforms don't look like something I've seen before. I look at Shane, "They are my friends. I'm going to help regardless of what you or the doctor says." As I look back, I can see something shiny and focus in on it. Its a knife and the person is aiming for Ming. I throw my bag and books down and start running towards him. How dare he try to hurt Ming.

Shane follows close behind me. I quickly knock the knife out of the person's hand and knock the person down. I go towards the next person and I am now in my fighting trance. I'm going solely on instinct. Shane and I quickly help the Engineering group to over power and defeat these unwanted visitors.

At some point during the fight, my shirt gets torn and it is now dirty. I help get the injured up and to move away from the fighting area. Some of the Engineering girls picked up my stuff along with Shane's. I look at Forth and ask, "Where are we taking the injured? Some of them need stitches."

Forth smiles and acts like I should know this and smirks, "We take them to the medical facility and the students and staff will take care of them."

I just nod and say "Okay."

A few Engineering students run up ahead and let the staff know that there are a few injured students coming. By the time we get there, the medical staff and students have prepped the area just like a real ER. I'm not paying attention as I help an injured student into the room. A pretty girl comes running towards me and asks, "Are you all right?"

Confused, I answer, "I'm fine. I was just helping this person to get here." I point to the one moaning in pain on the table.

However, the girl doesn't seem to believe me. She reaches out to touch my side and I look down. I see that my shirt on the left side is torn all the way across and you can see my abs. Yes, I have ab muscles. After being bullied in school, Shane decided that I needed to learn how to defend myself. So, he took me to martial art classes and made me work out every day. I am self-conscious of my body, so I usually hide it. People think that because I have a baby face and that I like to eat, I must be flabby. I'm not but I don't flaunt it either.

I stop her from touching me and sternly say, "He needs attention now." I once again point to the moaning student on the table. The girl seems to snap out of it and goes to the student who is in pain. I look around to see if anyone else needs help. I look at the door when I see a smaller and apparently weak student trying to carry an injured student into the room. I immediately pick up the injured student bridal-style and carry him to an open table.

I look around again and I see a smaller guy trying to help an injured student who seems to have been stabbed. He is applying gauze to the wound. I quickly run towards the table as I'm removing my belt. I yell, "Shane come help me. There is a stab wound over here."

Shane runs over to the table. I am putting the belt around the injured student's leg and tighten it to slow the bleeding down. Shane and I look at each other and we know that this is going to require some stitches. I quickly raise my head and yell, "Does any one here know how to stitch up a leg?"