Wayo is listening to us. He bites his lower lip and appears to be having an internal battle with himself over something, but I don't know what. I avoid Forth's conversation about talking to my father by focusing on Wayo. I look at at Wayo and ask, "Is something bothering you P'Yo?"

Wayo slowly and reluctantly says, "You are discussing about telling your parents about your relationship, right?"

"Yes."

Wayo sighs and reluctantly says, "I don't know how to tell you this, but I guess I'll just put it out there. Your mother won't be at the event tonight, but I believe your father will be. Uhm, N'Beam, when was the last time that you talked with your parents?"

I don't understand what Yo is getting at. Is there something that my parents haven't told me? Why would Yo know and not me? Confused, I look at him and say, "Well, it has been months since I've seen them, but I talk with my mother at least once or twice a month. Hey, now that I'm thinking about it, I haven't talke to my mother in a couple months. That is really odd. Do you know something P'Yo? If you do, you have to tell me right now."

Once again, Wayo hesitates. "Now before I say anything N'Beam, you have to remain calm. You can't get mad before we get to the event. N'Forth, promise me that you will make sure that N'Beam doesn't make a scene."

Forth is surprised but quickly says, "Sure thing. I'm here for my baby in whatever he needs."

Wayo mumbles, "Good." He stops again and begins to rub the back of his neck. He looks at Shane as if he doesn't know if he can do it.

OH MY, JUST SPIT IT OUT YO!!!! I CAN'T SIT HERE LIKE THIS!!!!

I can't stand the waiting anymore. Clearly, Shane knows what it is too, so I turn towards him and hiss, "P'Shane, just tell me since P'Yo can't seem to say it."

Shane goes to open his mouth and Wayo interrupts, "Okay, I'll tell you. The truth is that your father left your mother about two months ago to be with his much younger mistress. Your father is going to be at the event tonight with his mistress instead of your mother. Now, please don't do anything stupid tonight. You need to talk to your father but at a big event like this just isn't the place. I'm not thinking about my company but I'm thinking about what is best for you. There will be a lot of reporters there and you will more than likely to have your name plastered all over the newspapers and the internet if you blow your top. I don't know anything about the mistress. Sorry, I couldn't help but I think you need to talk with your mother. From what my dad has told me, she isn't taking it well and I believe your father has asked for a divorce. I'm assuming so he can marry his mistress."

I'm stunned. No, stunned is an understatement. I'm mortified at what Wayo just said. How could my father do that to my mother? How could he do that to me? For what, a younger woman to make him proud. My father is one of the most difficult people to live with and my mother has been sacrificing her own personal happiness for over 20 years to stay by my father. For what? To be humiliated later and thrown away like a piece of garbage. Oh, I'm not going to let my father do that. He isn't going to get away with it.

My anger keeps boiling and I can see that my friends are concerned. Forth whispers into my ear, "Baby, it will be all right. I'll be right next to you all night, so don't worry about a thing. Okay." Forth leans towards me and slowly kisses my cheek. He whispers into my ear so only I can hear, "I love you baby. We do this together."

An awkward silence falls upon the us and we ride the rest of way to the event in complete silence.

I'm still lost in my thoughts and how I'm going to make my father pay for his lies, when several of the guys scream, "WOW!!"

I quickly shake my head, freeing myself of my thoughts. "What? Did I miss something?"

Forth taps my shoulder and then points to the lights and building up ahead. "Look, this isn't just a small event. It is like a red-carpet event. Look."

I look to where he is pointing and SHIT!! He is right and there is actually red carpet out to the curb where the cars are stopping to let out guests. In awe, I choke out, "P'Yo, I thought you said it was a little event. This doesn't look like a little event. No, it looks more like the event of the year." I gulp hard at the realization that a lot of big names will be at this event besides my father and the bimbo. Who I don't know how he got invited to the party because he isn't some big wig. He is just an upper middle management person at a company.

I slowly turn to Wayo and ask, "Your dad invited my father because I'm friends with you right? He wouldn't have invited him any other way, right?"

Wayo swallows hard. "Yes, but we invited both your father and mother not knowing that they were separated. Your mother has every right to be here too and she is actually the one who received the invitation, not your father. Her recent promotion has put her as a top executive at her company and we probably would have invited her anyway but since you are my friend, we didn't hesitate to invite them."

Suddenly an idea pops into my head and my eyes pop wide open. I nearly scream, "P'Yo, do you know for sure that my mother isn't coming? Did she personally reply to the invitation or are you assuming?"

Shane interrupts, "N'Beam, what are you thinking? No, she never responded but after we found out the situation and the marriage, we assume that she wouldn't want to be seen in the same room as her cheating husband. Are we wrong?"

Oh, this night is going to be eventful. I'm not going to miss this for anything and I'll be right there when it happens. I look at Shane and then at Wayo, but I couldn't hide my excitement. "P'Yo, you better tell your security to be ready. My mother is going to be here and if I think I know what she is doing, she will humiliate my father in front of everyone along with his mistress. Tonight is going to be war and I'm sorry that they will do it at your family's event, but my father deserves everything that she is about give him."

Shane suddenly pulls out his phone and sends a couple of messages before looking back up to me. "Don't worry, N'Beam. I just let the security team and Yo's dad know what is likely to happen, so they will be prepared. The reporters already are denied access to the event itself so as long as she waits until she is inside, the reporters won't be able to get any pictures of it."

Before anyone could respond, the limo stops, and the door suddenly opens. The cheer from the crowd instantly fill the interior of the limo. As I peek out, I can see flashes popping left and right. Shane leans forward to exit first as he smiles and says, "Don't forget to smile for the cameras."

I'm worried about my mother and I'm angry at my father but right now, the small panic attack of being in front of all these people as cameras keep snapping pictures of us has now taken over my body. Forth senses my fear and he holds me a little tighter while whispering, "Baby, I'm right next to you. You are going to be fine."

I mumble, "Yes, right next to me."

With that, Forth pulls me towards the door and we emerge from the limo. The cameras are flashing, and people are screaming. I don't even know what I'm supposed to feel but right now, all I can feel is fear. Not fear of the cameras or of the people but fear of don't something wrong or screwing something up which would make Wayo look bad. Forth rubs my back and whispers, "Smile."

I quickly recover, and I turn on my Beam charm. I forget about my parents and what lies ahead for tonight. Instead, I focus on what I'm really good at and that is working the crowd. As I'm getting into my grove the last couple gets out of the limo. Pha imerges first and the crowd goes crazy but the moment Yo steps out, the crowd goes wild. We pose for a couple pictures before we walk down the red carpet towards the building.

I don't know if I will ever get used to this. I hope the other events that Yo wants us toattend aren't this crazy and over the top.