I can see that Beam is having the same thoughts as me. I guess we will have to hurry up and tell our parents before Yo's dad does it for us. Have I said that I sometimes don't like Yo's dad? I don't like being pushed into something when I'm not ready.

I whisper into Beam's ear, "We need to tell our parents tonight. Did you hear how he asked Shane whether he had invited our parents? As soon as we get back to our dorm room, let's call them and let them know about our relationship. Okay?"

Beam nods his head yes, but he doesn't say a thing. His hands tighten around the back of my neck and I know that he is worried, but we will get through this together. At least we were given a warning before it was too late.

***

Once we get back to our dorm room, I ask, "Your parents first or mine?"

Beam is nervous and is almost afraid to speak but he manages to squeak out, "Yours first. Maybe I'll have enough courage to call mine next."

I pull out my phone and call my mom.

Ring...ring...ring..

My mom's cheery voice comes through my phone. "Hello, son. Is everything all right? Why are you calling?"

I talk a deep breath. "Mom, is dad home with you already?"

"Yes. What is the matter? Hold on let me call your dad. HONEY!!! FORTH NEEDS TO TALK TO US!!! He will be here in just a second. What is going on?"

I mentally chant to myself, I can do this. Beam steps closer and hugs my side. I take the phone from my ear and I put it on speaker while holding the phone in front of both Beam and me. I want Beam to hear everything whether it is good or bad. I also want him to be able to speak to my parents, if need be.

I take one more deep breath. "Mom is dad with you now?"

My dad's concerned voice bolts out from the phone. "Yes, I'm here now. What is the matter?"

I guess it is now or never. With a trembling voice, I proceed. "I'm sorry that I'm not doing this in the correct manner, but I wanted to tell you before you found out from someone else. I've been in a relationship for a little while and I'm serious." I pause to take another deep breath before I push myself to continue. "The thing is that I'm dating a very beautiful and handsome guy, not a girl but a guy. His name is Beam and he is a medical student. I hope you can accept our relationship." I pause once again to wait for my parents to say anything. I'm excepting them to go into a yelling fit or something worse but as I wait, nothing happens. Did they pass out? Did I shock them too much?

"Mom, Dad are you there? Hello!" I pause again but still no answer.

Beam grabs my arm and begins to squeeze it tightly. He tries to whisper, "Forth, babe, what happened? Did they hang up?"

I shake my head and I try to whisper back, "Baby, I don't know. They have never done this before. Don't worry, babe. We will get through this. Okay."

Cough. Cough. My dad's voice suddenly comes through my phone again. "Son, we are just a little shocked. I'm assuming the boy that we just heard was your boyfriend. What is his name? Oh, yeah, Beam right?"

No, he didn't just say that he could hear Beam's voice, did he. I look at Beam and he has a look of fear engulfing his face. I thought we had talked soft enough that they couldn't hear us. Dang it!! They even heard us call each other baby.

"Dad, did you just hear everything that Beam and I were saying?"

"Yes, son. I have to admit that I'm a little surprised to hear you refer to anyone as baby. Are you that close already?"

Well, how do I handle this now? I silently groan to myself. "Yes, dad we are that close and I don't plan on leaving him ever. Dad, I need to know something. Did you get invited to a business event tomorrow night for Panit Holding and Panit Enterprises?"

Dad's voice seems shocked. "Yes, how did you know?"

I pull Beam closer and announce, "I will introduce you to him tomorrow night. Beam and I will be at the business event too. We've got to call Beam's parents but I will talk to you more tomorrow night. Bye. I love you."

Hesitantly Dad says, "Bye. I love you too, son."

Mom manages to chirp, "Bye. I love you too."

I quickly end the call and whisper, "How do you think it went?"

Beam shakes his head. "I don't know. They didn't talk much once they were told about us."

"Well, I guess we will find out tomorrow at the event. Even though I want to tear Yo's dad apart, I have to admit that I'm glad that he gave us a heads up about them being invited tomorrow."

Beam nods his head yes and he slowly takes his phone out. "I guess it is my turn."

Ring...ring...ring...ring...ring...ring...ring...

Beam mouths, "no answer. I'll just leave a message."

Beam turns around and leans back onto me. I hear a beep and Beam calmly says, "Mom, when you get this message, call me. We need to talk about something before tomorrow night's business event for Panit Holdings and Panit Enterprises. Thanks."

Beam ends the call and sighs. "I guess that I have to wait for her to call back now."

I hug him and kiss the back of his head. "Well, we may just have to tell her at the event if we can't talk to her before hand. Let's just hope everything goes fine."

Beam nods his head yes and whispers, "Let's hope."

Oh, tomorrow may be a very hard night for us but we will get through it together. I'm not going to giving up on us, not in a million years.