Over My Dead Body #10

Murmurs in the distanced called Raven to the surface but she was trapped under water. Light danced beyond the water, teasing her to come out. She looked around to see herself in a vast body of water where she floated atop of but not high enough to actually come out of the water. She was stuck and could only move inside the water. She could breathe that much she was aware of.

                She calmed herself down as she stared at the twinkling lights.

                “Madam I’m gona go pick some flowers for the girl. Flowers might cheer her up… who knows.” A muffled voice sounded beyond the water.

                Raven then remembered the immense pain that her wolf inflicted, which was currently absent. She was completely confused; she couldn’t have healed so quickly.

                “No darling.” Raven’s attention snapped to the blurred figure at the top of the water. “Right now you must relax. You must stay calm or else you’ll…”

                Raven’s heart was racing. Who was that figure? What were they saying? She tried breathing but this time water went up her nose and started choking her. She fought her way to the surface where she took in gasps of air and was rewarded with pain.

                She let out a loud blood coiling scream.

                “I told you to stay calm.” Raven stared at the woman. She looked young but she held an ancient presence to her aura. She was old, probably as old as Raven. “I see you don’t remember me.” The woman sighed sadly. “How could you with everything that has already happened.”

                “What do…” Raven groaned as she tasted something metallic coming from her throat.

                “I’m your nana.” The woman smiled warmly. “I’ve missed you sweetie.” Raven stared at the woman once more but then started coughing up blood as her insides twisted and her wolf went ballistic as she woke up.

                What did you do to me!? Why are we still alive!?

                “Raven… I need you to go back under the spell.”

                Fuck that! I’m killing you right now!

                Raven’s insides constricted once more as her wolf took this time to torment her.

                “Raven… you have to get under that water.”

                “But I’ll drown.” Raven grunted.

                “No you won’t, now go.” The woman commanded. Raven used all the willpower she had left and dove inside the water once more.

                As Raven dunk inside the water her wolf stopped what she was doing and went into a serene sleep.

                “See Raven, you must stay in the water. It’s an ancient remedy for pain, aggression, and insanity. It heals wounds, external and internal. You’ll be healed enough by the time you wake up. ” At that Raven fell asleep.

                Raven’s dream was strange and had her wondering if it we a dream in the first place. It felt oddly real.

                Raven looked around, everyone was in their wolf form and for some reason recognized every last one of them. Raven’s brother was the most familiar with his unforgettable multi colored coat. The main color being beige, he had black on his back, on the tip of his ears, and a black smudge down the middle of his head and down his snout. White spots often appeared and it seemed as if you could stare at it and even some read and brown would appear. His eyes were a hue of golden brown that you’d mistake for depthless honey. He was absolutely stunning. He was dragging a very heavy looking moose into the circle their family created.