Over My Dead Body #8

Raiden’s POV

                Something’s wrong. My gut felt like it dropped and as each minute passed the feeling increased.

                “I have to see him! I don’t care what he’s doing! I demand to see him!” A voice boomed from downstairs. I recognized it as Alpha Quin. I immediately ran downstairs in a flash.

                “What’s wrong?!” I demanded knowing it had to do with something with this growing feeling deep in my gut.

                “She’s… she’s…” Alpha Quin stuttered to find the right words. “She’s been spotted. Quick we don’t have much time. Gather all your men we need as much help as we can get!”

                But I ignored him and ran out the gate knowing he’d follow.

                “You stubborn ass!” He ran beside me. “Won’t you stay still! I must explain!”

                “No! I have to see her!” I snarled angrily he bowed his head in submission.

                There will be no games tonight.

                “Follow me.” He sighed as he shifted. I followed after him and soon found myself growing anxious.

                What’s wrong? Why do I feel so… empty?

                I quickly regretted not hearing what Alpha Quin had to say. I shook my doubts out of the way. She’s in trouble I could feel it.

                But how?! That’s why I wasn’t in any rush to find her. I knew she was able to take care of herself. I knew she was strong enough to handle it on her own. How did she get into trouble? How strong is the other person if they were able to bring her down?

                Stop! Stop thinking. Shut the hell up and run.

                I blinked but followed orders. I ran faster and soon I past Alpha Quin. I felt my feet guiding me… pushing me to move forward. The speed of light wasn’t quick enough to handle the uncannily long distance between me and my mate.

                Why is it taking me so damn long to get there!

                You should have… My wolf began to protest. I snarled knowing full well what he was trying to get at.

                I should have what? Huh? Oh I know I should have locked her away and kept her safe with me right? That’s what I should have done. I should have violated her freedom and turned her into my little bitch.

                That’s not what I meant.

                Oh but it’s all the same! She doesn’t want it damn you! Understand it… she doesn’t want to be locked away! She doesn’t want to lose her rights as so many other women before her have had to do. No not my mate. Not ever. She will be as free as she wants to be. When she comes to me I will know it was because she loves me enough to allow me to hold her down just a tiny bit.

                She is our mate! She should’ve surrendered in the first place.

                You won’t learn will you? You won’t understand, the way I view women. They aren’t toys and they aren’t possessions.

                Of course they aren’t. They are our women. The least she could do is be there for us. The least you could do is show her the way. I don’t want her to be depressed because of me. I want her to be loved to know what it is to be truly free. She is lost, boundless, but she doesn’t see it clearly enough. We will fulfill her. You want it don’t you? The other half… the other piece… you want to dive in her power, her arms, you want to be cherished by her. But you want her to smile to see world as lovely, not cruel and wicked.

                Of course… but in due time I know she would have came to me.

                She’ll never come to you. You have to hold her down and explain. She will never simply submit. She is too cunning too powerful.

                She will.

                She will never.