Over My Dead Body #6

I growled as I rolled over the heap of leaves I laid on, my wolf completely churning with the need to see her mate.

                “Never!” I hissed.

                I’m sick of this! I don’t want to be free anymore! I refuse to be alone! He won’t hurt us I promise! He won’t!

                “And how do you know?!” I asked angrily as pain flamed throughout my entire body.

                I just do! All those other men, Raven, they weren’t our mates, and they were sick bastards! They weren’t our mates! Please, trust me!

                She begged and I held only disgust for her. Had she forgotten the torture of men; of Alpha males?

Because I surely haven’t.

Those images are burned into me for all eternity to come and not even all the creatures that I’ve slaughtered can pay for what they’ve done to me.

I will never forget and I would rather die than to fall into that once more.

My wolf cried out as one last extremely large wave of pain entered us and we finally couldn’t take it and fainted into unconsciousness.

-I cried in my dream, still feeling great pain. A hand pressed itself on the mark on my shoulder and the pain slowly vanished.

“If I was really there with you, this pain would have never surfaced. I’m sorry darling.”

I shot up and glared at Raiden. He gave me a sheepish smile.

“It’s only a dream. Don’t you worry sweetheart.” He rested his elbow on his knee and his chin on his palm. “You look so beautiful today.” He grinned. I cursed at my wolf who blushed at the compliment.

Don’t you dare go mushy on me!

He’s so beautiful.

“Look at that.” He whispered to himself, his expression complete and utter adoration. “I wish I could see all of you flushed like that.” He winked and my wolf howled in approval.

“Have you been waiting for me?” I growled.

“Yep.” His eyes pierced through her as he continued to stare.

“What?” I glared, my wolf scolded me for looking at him that way.

“I just want to memorize every crevice of your being.” He licked his lips. “But of course I’ll have to deal with the limited amount of exposed skin for now.” He stared at the bulging curves that he more than likely will never get sick of.

“You’re sick.”But the shiver that passed through me was far from disgust.

“I’m just playing with you… maybe.” He smirked. I glared at him. “So, how about we play a little game?”

Games

They were my impending doom back then. They were anything but games.

They were serious, life threatening, and at times even life ending.

“Angel?” He called out.

“No.” I said curtly. “I don’t want to play any stupid games.” I hissed knowing exactly the games Alphas liked to play.

“I just wanted to play the question game.” He pouted, practically the size of flying saucers. He looked so innocent… the conniving little-

“I said no.” I growled. He whimpered and I almost lashed out and attacked him both in anger and in desire.

                “How ‘bout…” He wondered. “the-“

                “No.”

                “What about-“

                “No”

                “Well maybe-“

                “I said no.” I hissed.

                “Ok.” He bowed his head in resignation.

                “I said no! What part of no don’t you-“My eyes widened in realization. “Oh…” He stared at me confused but just shrugged it off. I grew curious at the submissive behavior he was giving.

                Hmmm…

                “Hey have you ever seen a sunset before?” He asked. I looked at him completely confused.

                “Um… yeah?” I blinked.

                “I haven’t.” He smiled sadly at me. “I’ve always been in Big Bear, I’ve never been able to stay at the beach long enough to view the scenery quite well. I definitely never had been able to stay there long enough to see a sunset.” He sighed and stared into my eyes.

                “How is it?” He asked. “Is it everything I dreamed of and more?” He said in an oddly girly way. I let out a laugh and smiled at the many memories from the beach.

                “Not really… well depends who you go with or how much you appreciate the outdoors.” I loved the outdoors, nature was so beautiful.

                “Well I bet when we go it’ll be the best thing in the world.” He grinned, his eyes twinkling with undying love. I was familiar with the look of course… but it was never directed at me.

                I shook my head and stared around my dream world. A little peak at what my heaven would look like. Too bad I’ll never be able to reach it.

                “Why do you always dream about this?” He asked looking around curiously.

                “It’s beautiful.” I sighed as I watched the big blue sky and fluffy white clouds move past as they casted a dreamy shadow on the green meadow both Raiden and I laid on. I stared mesmerized as the windmill blew the flowers that scattered along with the grass and the trees.  The lake was clear and clean as the reflection laid perfect, almost like a huge mirror placed in the middle of everything.

                My dream world.

                “It is really beautiful. But you know what’s even more beautiful?” I rolled my eyes at the cheesy line he’s about to lay on me.

                “Humor me.”

                “The fact that you’ve allowed me just an inch closer to the picture perfect life we’ll have together. I’m in love with you, a love so deep I’m scared you might never reach it. I just hope that one day you’ll return that favor.” He smiled with a deep blush on his face.

                Now that wasn’t cheesy at all.