Chapter 5: Find Freedom

"Is there any news about the master mind of Mom's accident?" I asked Kuya Tyler.

We were having lunch at a restaurant. I was so glad that he let me go out with him because I was so bored at home.

"Still searching," he replied.

Sabay kaming napatingin sa cellphone niya na siyang nakapatong sa table nang mag-ring iyon. He picked it up and answered the call. "Yeah... Okay... I'll be there... Bye." He ended the call and turned his gaze on me. "I have to go. Someone will fetch you here. Just stay here, okay?"

He stood up and left me without another word.

I wiped a tissue on my lips before picking up all the things we bought earlier at the mall. I went outside and stood in front of the building of the restaurant, sheltering from the rain. The month of August is the rainy season in the Philippines, after all.

A white car stopped in front of me. A familiar man came out from there and ran towards me in a hurry. My eyes widened in surprise when I saw who it was.

"I'll just drive you home. Don't worry. Your dad called me to fetch you," he said, wearing a delightful smile.

I shut my eyes, suppressing my annoyance. "Fine."

He stared at me for a moment, and it was obvious in his reaction that he noticed my annoyance. Later, he opened the door of the passenger seat and I hopped in.

Kalahating oras din ang biyaheng tinahak namin at kalahating oras din kaming hindi nagkikibuan dahil wala pang nagsasalita sa aming dalawa simula pa kaninang pagkasakay namin sa kotse niya.

I didn't know what kind of trap this was. Dad had a lot of hired men who could drive me home instead of Storm. I couldn't understand why Dad was doing this - why he wanted me to marry Storm. I was too young for this. There were times I doubted if he was my real father, but no. Only a fool can say he wasn't my real father because I looked so much like him. Aside from that, Tyler and I had his eyes - the color of the sands in the shore by the time the sun sets on its horizon.

I grew up distant from my parents. I didn't know why. Maybe it was because I rarely interact with them since I was a kid. But Tyler was always with them. I admit that I was jealous of my brother because they never treated me as how they treated him. But then, I couldn't hate Tyler because he was a good brother to me.

"Gan'yan ka ba talaga?"

I stopped pondering on my thoughts when I heard Storm. My eyes furrowed as I turned to him. "What?"

"You're quiet." He glanced at me and smiled a bit, almost like he was smirking.

Lihim na umismid ako at tumugon, "I have nothing to say."

I admitted that I wasn't that friendly. That was the reason why I only had one friend - and that was Kirby. Although Storm was a nice person as what Kirby told me about him, I still couldn't handle his presence. I was not used to be with somebody I didn't know fully.

I leaned back and just closed my eyes until I didn't realize that I had fallen asleep. I just woke up when I felt Storm waking me up. I quickly fixed myself first before getting out of the car.

"Thanks for the ride!" I told him before slamming the door close.

He just nodded and started his car again. I just watched him leave until his car disappeared from my sight. It was still raining slightly so I quickly got inside the house before I got too wet.