Chapter 8 - The Holy Calling

Today was our educational tour. I woke up early in the morning and Storm drove me to school, where the buses were waiting for the students to arrive. A moment later our tour began. I was sure this tour would end tonight, and Storm would fetch me later when our bus arrived at the school.

Now I was together with a group of girls who were my classmates in Rizal subject. I was gradually getting used to socialize with other people, although there were times that I wanted to be alone.

All of us were hungry after our tiring tour, so we were now finding something to eat. We found a fast food restaurant that prepares pasta dishes.

"So, you are married?" Claire asked me while we were waiting for our orders.

"Yeah, and have one son," I replied.

She looked surprised. "You don't look like a married woman."

I just smiled.

"What does it feel like to have a husband? Hindi ba parang nakakatakot kasi ang dami mong responsibilidad?" Now, Glaiza asked me.

"Not really, although sometimes there are conflicts in marriage life."

"So, where's your son? How old is he?" Claire asked again.

"Seven months old," I replied.

"Oh, he's still a baby. Where is he? Ang husband mo ba ang nag-aalaga sa kanya kapag nag-aaral ka?"

I shook my head. "No. He's in the care of my husband's auntie."

"I guess he's very cute because the mother is so pretty. Can we see him?" she asked a favor.

"Sure." I took my phone and showed her my lockscreen. It was Eli who was looking at the camera. His round brown eyes looked so captivating. You'd miss thousand of sunsets just to look at his eyes, while his rosy cheeks would make you long to pinch them.

She gasped when she saw it. "Oh my! He's a handsome boy, Fara!" she said with eyes widened in amazement.

Glaiza also peeked at my phone that Claire was holding. "Aww! He's looks so adorable!" she said. "He doesn't look like you but he has your eyes."

I smiled and said, "Yeah. He looks like his father." I lay my hands on the table and inclined my head to rest my chin on the back of my hands. I pouted my lips a little bit. I missed Eli.

"May I see?" Now, Yannie, who had been silent and scrolling on her phone, joined them. She realeased her phone on the table.

"Do you have a picture of your husband?" Claire asked and they all turned their eyes on me.

"Yeah," I said and reached for my phone. Claire was still holding it as I unlocked it using my fingerprint and then touched the gallery icon. There I saw the recent photo of Storm; I clicked it and gently pushed the phone back to them.

Claire stared at it. "Wait, this is . . ."

"Storm Hunt," Glaiza continued.

"OMG! You are his wife?!" Yannie asked me. She looked shocked.

I nodded my head. I didn't know that Storm was really famous. They knew him.

"I was still young when Storm's name became popular. I was highschool that time. And I really had a crush on him," Yannie told us. "Like you know, he's very handsome and talented. But sadly, his fame stopped when he said 'goobye' to his fans on his tweet, but a lot of people still know him because he was really famous that time."