Chapter 11: About Salvation

Throughout the trip, Storm and I did not talk to each other because he was busy driving. Believe it or not, we did not finish our three-day honeymoon because the next day after the argument we had, I told him I wanted to go home already, and he did not object.

We stopped in front of a white modern house. This was probably the house where we would reside. Storm honked the horn of his car. After a moment, somebody came out of the house, an elderly woman who was probably in her 50's. She must be the caretaker of the house. She immediately opened the larger gate for us so that Storm could park his car in the garage of the house.

"Welcome home, Ma'am and Sir!" the old woman greeted us.

"Thank you, Manang Linda," Storm replied.

The old woman took our things from the car to bring them inside the house. Storm helped her.

I wandered my eyes around the house. The house was painted with grey and white making it look simple but neat. There was a straight and a little bit wide wooden stairs on the side. We followed Manang Linda who was heading upstairs and entered the room on the right. That was our bedroom for sure.

"Maiwan ko muna kayo, mga anak. Ipaghahanda ko kayo ng makakain," she told us and then left the room.

I looked around the bedroom. I was surprised when I saw the case of my guitar on the bed, indicating that even our personal things were already here.

Storm sat on the edge of the bed and picked up the guitar. "Whose guitar is this?" he asked while unzipping the case of my guitar.

I would have liked to stop him because I didn't want anyone touching that, but I just chose to watch him and replied, "Mine."

"Oh, you play guitar?" There was amusement in his voice. He checked the guitar. "Where did you buy this?" He pressed his fingers on a fret and began to pluck the strings.

"It's just a gift," I answered as I watched him playing. I didn't know what piece was he playing.

"It sounds good," he complimented and then brought the guitar back inside the case.

"You were a singer before, right?" I asked.

His gaze turned on me as he leaned against the headboard of the bed. "Yeah... I was a YouTuber before," he answered, looking at me straight into the eyes. The way he looked at me made me feel uncomfortable because he had a pair of attractive eyes. But I was getting used to it gradually.

"Bakit bigla kang nawala?" I asked. I was really curious because I knew he was good at revising and arranging songs. He was so popular and had millions of subscribers.

"Do you really want to know?" he asked back. I nodded my head.

"One day, I woke up to the realization that there was something missing in my life. I got tired of pleasing people, making them clap for me, doing my best so they will praise me, I got tired of fans worshipping me. Fame was one of my desires before. Thank God, I achieved it. It was my biggest dream. But everything has changed when somebody shared me about Salvation."

"Salvation?" I repeated with brows furrowed.

"Salvation means Jesus died on the cross for our sins that will bring us to eternal death. But because of God's amazing love and grace, He died for us to wash all our sins, and whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life," he said with a slight half smile on his lips. Well, that was how he spoke sometimes.

"I don't understand," I honestly said.

"I've lost my desire to be a great secular singer when I met Jesus Christ. My heart's desire now is to please God, not people," he clarified.