Chapter 13: Little Angel

Our car just crossed the Golden Gate Bridge into San Francisco.

It was a strange feeling to have a trip alone in order to meet someone secretly. I was a little bit nervous and absolutely excited at the same time. Therefore, my heart couldn't calm down.

Because I'd given the address to the driver, he dropped me off at the exact location of the Frances Family's home. It was a victorian house like the other houses here. The paint of the walls and door was color white.

"I'll just call you," I told the driver after he helped me to take my things out of the car.

"Okay, sir," he said before he hopped in the car and left.

I turned my gaze on the house. I heaved a sigh and decided to take the staircase at the maindoor. I pressed the doorbell and waited for someone to open it. After a moment, the door suddenly opened, and a woman who was in her 50's, I thought, emerged. I guessed she was Demi's mother because she looked like her. I knew her name. She was Tita Lizah.

"Good afternoon, ma'am," I greeted her politely.

"You must be Storm Dylan Hunt," she said formally. Her eyes seemed like examining me.

Bahagya akong ngumiti at tumango. "Yes, I am." Nagmano ako rito.

She invited me to come in, and I took my things with me and followed her walk into the house. The house wasn't huge but it was comfortable and good enough to make it a home.

Bumagal ang paglakad ko nang matanaw ko ang isang batang babae na nakaupo sa couch habang nanonood ng TV. She was bald but I knew that she was a girl because she wore a floral pink dress. She had something on her cheek that was connected to her nose, so it was obvious that she was ill. I couldn't describe the feeling when her head turned to me and she stared back at me.

"Demi! Storm just arrived!" I heard Tita Lizah call Demi.

The girl's face was pale, but she still looked beautiful in my eyes, especially when a smile formed on her lips. Our eyes locked on each other. I felt my eyes moisten in joy while staring at her. She absolutely had my eyes.

"Storm."

Nailipat ko ang tingin ko kay Demi nang dumating ito. I just looked at her because I didn't know what to say.

"Let me introduce you to her," aniya at saka lumapit sa bata. She sat beside her. "Sweetheart, we have a visitor," she told her.

"Yes. I can see him," the girl replied while still looking at me. Hearing her sweet voice made my heart melt.

"Guess who he is," nakangiting sabi ni Demi sa kanya.

She stared at me, until her eyes sudden widened, "Is he my dad, Mommy?" she asked Demi.

Demi nodded.

"Oh my gosh!" she gasped and put her hands over her mouth in shock and surprise, until she started to choke up and bursted into tears.

I gulped and tried to control my emotions. I let go of my things and left them on the floor to come near her. I kneeled down in front of her. She looked at me with so much emotions her eyes, she even dared to touch my face with her bare hands.

"Are you really my Daddy?" she asked while choking and looking at me with longing in her eyes like she couldn't believe that I was in front of her.

I smiled and took her hand to my lips. I kissed it and replied, "Yes, princess."

She threw her arms around my neck. She hugged me and poured out her tears on my shoulders. I hugged her back.

"Did you miss me?" I asked her.